Aurel Hille is an associate in the Antitrust and Competition department. He focuses on complex national and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. In addition, Aurel advises on all aspects of EU and German antitrust law, including merger control, cartels and abuse of dominance issues.
Before joining Willkie in 2020, Aurel worked as an associate in the Corporate Department of another U.S. law firm for more than three years, mainly advising private equity and corporate clients on cross-border corporate transactions, with a special focus on EU and German antitrust law.
Aurel is fluent in German, English and Spanish.
Aurel has advised on the following selected significant matters:
- Take-Two Interactive Software on its $12.7 billion acquisition of Zynga
- STARK Deutschland GmbH on its acquisition of German building material distributor KONZ Group
- STARK Deutschland GmbH on the acquisition of Tröger & Entenmann Group, a leading German provider of water and gas supply and wastewater disposal solutions
- STARK Deutschland GmbH in its agreement to acquire Melle Gallhöfer, a leading German specialist dealer for roofs and facades, from private equity fund palero
- Insight Partners on its portfolio company ACMS’ acquisition of Quentic
- Insight Partners in connection with its investments in Camunda Services and Jedox
- Kaseya on its $6.2 billion acquisition of Datto
- Cérélia in its proposed acquisition of General Mills’ European dough businesses
- SGT Capital on the acquisition of Utimaco Group from private equity fund EQT Mid Market Europe
- Ardian and its portfolio company AD Education in the acquisition of the European operations of SAE Institute, a leader in audiovisual and creative media higher education
- Ardian in the acquisition of a majority stake in AD Education, a European education platform specialized in arts, digital and audiovisual
- Consortium comprising lead investor Apax Partners, Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners, Summit Partners, GP Bullhound and the Founders in the sale of portfolio company Signavio, a leader in the enterprise business process intelligence and process management space, to SAP
- The Sterling Group on the sale of Time Manufacturing to H.I.G. Capital
- Time Manufacturing in the acquisition of the Ruthmann Group, a manufacturer of aerial work platforms in Germany and Italy
- Sebia, a CVC portfolio company, on the acquisition of ORGENTEC Diagnostika from Water Street Healthcare Partner
- PAI Partners on the acquisition of SGD Pharma
- Valeo Foods on its acquisition of Schluckwerder Holding GmbH, a leading producer of confectionery products in Germany, from Novum Capital
- Questel and its financial sponsors Eurazeo, IK Investment Partners and Raise Investissement on the contemplated acquisition of NovumIP from Paragon Partners
- Lindsay Goldberg on the sale of VDM Metals Group to Acerinox S.A.*
- TPG and Ontario Teachers‘ Pension Plan in the acquisition of up to 35% of Dream Cruises*
- Lone Star Funds and Stark Group A/S on the proposed acquisition of the European building distribution business from CRH*
- Lone Star in the acquisition of Saint-Gobain Building Distribution Deutschland (SGBDD)*
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investment in OpusCapita*
- Hannam & Partners in the sale of MKM to KME*
- TowerBrook/Infopro Digital on the bolt-on acquisition of DOCUgroup from GMT Communications Partners*
*Aurel advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.