Samuel Hall is an associate in the Litigation Department and Crisis Management Group of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in Washington. Sam represents clients in complex litigation, government investigations, congressional hearings, enforcement actions, multidimensional crises involving sanctions and anti-corruption issues, and other sensitive government-facing matters. Sam’s clients have included some of the most successful multinational companies in the world, technology startups, senior executives, and former government officials.
Sam’s representative litigation and counseling matters include*:
- Representing numerous companies before the U.S. Treasury Department and other government agencies on issues relating to U.S. sanctions involving Venezuela, Russia, Iran and other foreign states
- Representing plaintiff in a challenge to abusive debt collection tactics
- Representing plaintiffs in a suit against a State Sponsor of Terrorism for damages resulting from terroristic attacks
- Representing the plaintiff in Rich v. Butowsky, defamation litigation filed on behalf of the brother of deceased DNC staffer Seth Rich, challenging viral online conspiracy theories relating to Seth Rich’s murder
- Represented a major airline in federal antitrust class action lawsuits concerning network capacity and airfare
- Represented several individuals and organizations in multistate voting-rights litigation
- Represented several technology companies in a federal investigations involving compliance with communications regulations
- Represented a renewable energy company in a federal regulatory challenge
- Enforced several statutes as a Trial Attorney for the Department of Justice, including the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Fair Housing Act, and the Americans With Disabilities Act
* Sam advised on some of these matters prior to joining Willkie.