Philippe Grudé is special European counsel in the Tax Department, focusing on the tax aspects of IPOs, LBOs, mergers and acquisitions and other reorganizations of businesses.
Philippe regularly handles complex tax issues relating to mergers and acquisitions and other high-profile transactions. He has significant experience in the areas of tender offers, stock or asset purchases and private offerings of securities.
Philippe has been involved in the following significant matters in advising:
- Vaultier7 in its equity stake in Vestiaire Collective, a leading global platform for desirable pre-owned fashion
- Arch Capital Group Ltd. in its acquisition of a 29.5% stake in Coface, the French-based leader in the global trade credit insurance listed on Euronext Paris, from Natixis
- A majority group of bondholders, including Anchorage and Hayfin Capital, on the third restructuring of the Vivarte group, resulting in the complete cancellation of its debt and its takeover by the bondholders
- Latour Capital on the refinancing and capital reorganization of Syclef, a leading provider of industrial and commercial refrigeration and cooling systems in France
- Sagard in its acquisition of Sterimed, a leading manufacturer of sterile packaging for the pharmaceutical industry, from Meeschaert Capital Partners
- Vitale Assistance (controlled by Weinberg Capital Partners) in its acquisition of Groupe 3iD, creating the market leader in post-insurance claim in-kind repairs
- PAI Partners in its agreement to acquire StellaGroup, a market leader in the production of doors, gates, shutters and enclosures for industrial and residential buildings in France, from ICG
- IK Investment Partners in connection with its contemplated acquisition, through its IK VII Fund, of a stake in Questel, a global leading provider of intellectual property information and management software and services
- PAI in its investment in Refresco, the Dutch-listed leading independent bottler of soft drinks and fruit juices
- Ekkio Capital in its acquisition of Audevard
- Swissport in the sale of its French ground handling operations to GH Team
- Ekkio Capital in the sale of French risk consulting Risk&Co to Latour Capital
- Ekkio Capital in the acquisition of a minority stake in Compagnie des Vacances
- PAI in its acquisition of IPH from Investcorp
- Acto Capital on the sale of its stake in Vacances Directes
- PAI in its sale of a controlling interest in CEP
- PAI in its acquisition of Kiloutou, and subsequently Kiloutou on its acquisition of French equipment rental specialist BM location
- Acto Capital in its acquisitions of Avogadro and Crid Pharma
- Quilvest, Acto and Mr. André Trigano in their sale of a controlling interest in CIAT, a listed company on the Paris Stock Exchange
- PAI in its leverage recap of Compagnie Européenne de Prévoyance
- IK Investment Partners on its acquisition of the French food-ingredient manufacturer Savena from Azulis Capital and Céréa Capital
- Macquarie Capital Group on its acquisition, together with minority investor Jarden Corporation, of the Rossignol winter sports business line from Quicksilver, Inc.
Prior to joining Willkie, Philippe was an associate at Price Waterhouse Juridique & Fiscal (1991-1997) and at Jones Day Reavis & Pogue (1997-1998).
Languages: French and English