Bradley M. Friedman is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in New York. The majority of Brad’s practice involves mergers and acquisitions of asset managers, broker-dealers and other financial services firms.
Brad has represented clients in many significant U.S. and cross-border transactions, including*:
- Capital Constellation, an innovative private equity platform managed by Wafra (also advised by Willkie), in its significant equity investment in and capital commitment to Pollen Street Capital;
- Stonyrock partners in its strategic minority investment in private equity firm Oak Hill Capital Partners;
- Dyal Capital Partners in its acquisitions of minority equity stakes in the Private Debt business of BlueBay Asset Management, which will become a stand-alone business, and RXR Realty LLC;
- Founders of Stonyrock Partners in formation of new investment firm targeting alternative managers focused on private equity, credit, hedge fund, and venture capital investments;
- Insight Venture Partners and Veeam Software in a $500 million investment by Insight in Veeam;
- Neuberger Berman in its acquisition of Cartesian Re and affiliated reinsurer Iris Re;
- ITE Management in its acquisition of American Railcar Industries from Icahn Enterprises in a transaction valued at approximately $1.75 billion, and ARI in the subsequent sale of its manufacturing business to Greenbrier Companies for $430 million;
- Capital Constellation in its $150 million strategic partnership with Ara Partners Group, whereby Capital Constellation will acquire a substantial minority ownership interest in Ara Partners and provide the firm and its affiliates with significant investment capital;
- Institutional investors in the sale of significant stake in HighTower Holdings LLC to funds managed by Thomas H. Lee Partners;
- The Sterling Group in its acquisition of Evergreen Industrial Services, an environmental and industrial cleaning solution company;
- Ivory Investment Management, a U.S.-based hedge fund manager, in its sale of a minority interest to Affiliated Managers Group;
- Aberdeen Asset Management in its acquisition of FLAG Capital Management, a U.S.-based private equity fund of funds manager, which includes Squadron Capital, a Hong Kong-based private equity fund of funds manager;
- Asset Management Finance (AMF) in acquisitions and dispositions of interests in various asset managers, including retail managers and alternative asset managers of hedge funds, private equity funds and funds of funds;
- Russell Investments in its acquisition by the London Stock Exchange Group for $2.7 billion;
- GAM Holding AG in its acquisition of Singleterry Mansley Asset Management, a hedge fund manager;
- Credit Suisse Group AG in connection with the sale of its Customized Fund Investment Group, a private equity fund of funds manager, to Grosvenor Capital Management, L.P.;
- Pacific Century Group, a Hong Kong private-equity firm, in approximately $500 million acquisition of PineBridge, the third party asset management business of American International Group, with operations in 32 countries and assets under management of approximately $88.7 billion at time of the transaction;
- The Marsico management group in its leveraged acquisition of Marsico Capital Management, Inc. LLC, the U.S. mutual fund manager, from Bank of America; and
- Harbinger Group Inc. in its acquisition of CorAmerica Capital LLC, a manager of U.S. real estate assets.
* Brad advised on some of these matters prior to joining Willkie.