Daniel Elizondo is counsel in the Corporate & Financial Services Department, focusing on a wide variety of transactions in the energy industry, including upstream, midstream and oilfield services. Daniel represents clients in transactions that feature acquisitions and dispositions of control interests, joint venture arrangements, preferred financings and project financings. He also regularly represents private equity funds in acquiring, building and disposing of their portfolio company investments.
Daniel’s experience* includes:
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Trafigura AG in the sale of an 80% interest in its Corpus Christi Terminal, splitter and associated midstream assets to Buckeye Partners for $860 million, and related joint ownership arrangements.
- Represented Axip Energy Services in the sale of its international compression business to Enerflex Ltd. for $430 million.
- Represented an MLP in the acquisition of midstream gathering, storage, marketing and pipeline assets valued in excess of $700 million.
- Represented financial sponsor in the acquisition and combination of more than five oilfield services portfolio companies.
- Represented financial sponsor in the acquisition of working interests in upstream oil and gas assets in the Permian Basin, equity commitments to related portfolio company, and related joint ownership arrangements.
- Represented financial sponsor in the acquisition of a directional drilling company for $100 million.
- Represented seller in disposition of approximately 70 supermarkets.
Joint Venture Transactions
- Represented Rice Energy in $520 million Utica Shale midstream joint venture with Gulfport Energy and related midstream asset acquisitions.
- Represented Rice Energy in $500 million preferred equity financing joint venture with EIG Global Energy Partners.
- Represented upstream company in joint venture arrangements consisting of a preferred equity financing in connection with the acquisition of non-operating oil and gas interests.
- Represented midstream company in several joint ventures with both financial and strategic partners to develop midstream gathering and fractionation assets in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- Represented financial sponsor in the formation of a co-investment vehicle for acquisition and ownership of an international oil and gas leasing company and related recapitalization matters.
- Represented financial sponsor in the formation of a real estate investment vehicle with approximately $200 million in committed capital.
* Daniel advised on some of these matters prior to joining Willkie.