Nikki Cronin is an associate in the Global Trade & Investment Practice Group in Washington. She advises clients on government regulations related to international trade and investment, with a particular focus on U.S. economic sanctions. She regularly advises both domestic and foreign clients on compliance and enforcement matters related to U.S. economic sanctions and export controls for a variety of industries including financial institutions, private equity firms, oil and gas and media companies.
Nikki regularly assists clients with the following:
- Compliance with U.S. economic sanctions and export control regulations administered by the U.S. Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), U.S. Department of Commerce, and U.S. Department of State;
- Internal investigations into potential sanctions violations;
- Disclosures of apparent violations to OFAC;
- Development and implementation of compliance programs;
- License requests before OFAC; and
- International trade-related due diligence for mergers and acquisitions.
Nikki also has experience with federal and state lobbying and campaign finance laws. She advises clients on lobbying registration and reporting requirements under the Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA) as well as state and local lobbying registration and reporting requirements, federal and state conflict of interest and gift rules, and federal and state pay-to-play laws.