Peter Bogard is an associate in Willkie’s Global Trade & Investment Group. He advises clients on regulatory matters involving international trade, trade policy, and cross-border transactions.
Peter’s practice has involved clients from a range of industries including manufacturing, electronics, telecommunications, agriculture, textiles, and finance. He has represented clients before the U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. International Trade Commission, U.S. Customs & Border Protection, United States Trade Representative, U.S. House of Representatives, and Federal Courts on matter concerning tariffs, antidumping and countervailing duty orders, product classifications, designation of origin, export controls, and other trade remedy issues. His practice also focusing on CFIUS, sanctions, and compliance.
Peter has advised clients on the following significant matters*:
- Section 232 Tariffs on Imports of Aluminum and Steel
- Section 301 Retaliatory Tariffs on Imports from China
- Certain Steel Nails from the People’s Republic of China Administrative Review
- Miscellaneous Tariff Bill
- Sanctions on Venezuela
* Peter advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.
Prior to joining Willkie, Peter was an associate at a boutique international trade firm in Washington, D.C. where he focused on trade remedy matters before federal agencies and courts.