Ana Alfonso is a partner in the Business Reorganization & Restructuring Department and Co-Chair of the Creditor Rights practice. She is known best for representing agents, lender groups, hedge counterparties and structured product investors in debt restructurings, insolvency proceedings, risk mitigation and enforcement strategies. She is a trusted resource for Willkie clients managing exposure across many industries, including oil and gas, power, commodities trading, insurance and reinsurance.
Ana is the Chair of the Bankruptcy & Corporate Reorganization Committee of the New York City Bar Association. She has been recognized by IFLR 1000, The Legal 500, Lawdragon and Super Lawyers as a leading bankruptcy practitioner.
Prior to joining Willkie in 2010, Ana was a partner at Kaye Scholer LLP.
Ana has served on Law360’s Bankruptcy Editorial Advisory Board since 2016. She has spoken on insolvency law on numerous panels, including:
- "PLI Bankruptcy & Reorganizations 2019: Current Developments," 2 Practicing Law Institute (April 2019)
- “Application of U.S. Fed’s QFC Rule on Common Clearing Agreements,” Futures Industry Association Webinar (November 2018)
- "PLI Leveraged Financing 2018: Leveraged Finance Restructuring," Practicing Law Institute (May 2018)
- "PLI Bankruptcy & Reorganizations 2018: Current Developments," Practicing Law Institute (April 2018)
- "Case Study: Restructuring and Intercreditor Issues (Recent Issues in E&C and E&P Workouts)," American College of Investment Counsel Spring Conference (April 2018)
- “Recent Evolution of E&P RBL Financing,” Debtwire Podcast (October 2017)
- “Hot Spots in a Cold Bankruptcy World: Energy and Healthcare Restructurings,” 90th Annual National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges (October 2016)
- “Current Issues in the Energy Sector,” American Bankruptcy Institute, 18th Annual New York City Bankruptcy Conference (May 2016)
- “Issues in Media Restructurings,” AIRA 30th Annual Bankruptcy & Restructuring Conference (June 2014)
- Ana is the co-author of “Tackling Distress in the US Healthcare Sector,” Financier Worldwide Magazine (October 2017), “E&P Financing: RBLs Trend Toward a New Normal,” Turnaround Management Association (September 2017), "Zing VII and the Future of "Bankruptcy-Remote," Asset Securitization Report (November 2011), "Second Circuit Court Of Appeals Holds ‘Gift’ From Secured Creditor To Shareholder Under A Chapter 11 Plan Violates Absolute Priority Rule," Metropolitan Corporate Counsel (April 2011) and "Calyon: Mortgage Loan Investors and Safe Harbors," New York Law Journal (January 31, 2008).