Partners Peter Burrell and Martin Weinstein spoke at the C5 11th Annual International Conference on Anti-Corruption in London.
Partner Peter Burrell, who heads Willkie’s Litigation, Compliance and Enforcement, and White Collar Defense Practices in London, served as moderator on the panel "The Evolution of DPA’s and the Court Approach to Sentencing in Connection with Bribery.” The panel addressed such topics as:
- Key financial differences between a DPA and a plea
- What needs to be done to secure the offer of a DPA?
- The advantages and disadvantages of seeking to secure the offer of a DPA
- What happens if DPA negotiations fail in relation to materials produced as part of the DPA process?
Partner Martin Weinstein, who leads the firm's Compliance & Enforcement Practice Group, participated on a new panel called “Challenge the Experts.” Topics that this session will cover include:
- The jurisdiction of the FCPA and the UK Bribery Act
- Global Compliance Programme
- Due diligence on new vs. longstanding business partners
For more details about the event, please click here.