Partner Michael De Voe Piazza delivers article on purchase price adjustments at the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation’s Special Institute on Oil & Gas Agreements.
Partner Michael De Voe Piazza delivered an article at the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation’s Special Institute on Oil & Gas Agreements: Purchase and Sale Agreements. The article, titled “Typical and Atypical Purchase Price Adjustments,” addressed:
- Typical purchase price adjustments in asset transactions
- Working capital adjustments in corporate transactions
- Accounting settlement process and pitfalls both before and after closing as part of the final settlement process, and into the future
- Purchase price adjustment mechanisms based on changing commodity prices
- Protecting value through hedging
Associate David Aaronson co-authored the article, and associate Cheryl Looper also provided assistance.
The Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation is a collaborative, educational non-profit organization dedicated to the scholarly and practical study of the law and regulations relating to mining, oil and gas, water, public lands, energy, environmental protection and other related areas. The Special Institute is the 11th in the foundation’s successful Oil and Gas Agreements series.