Peter Haller spoke at a Practising Law Institute seminar on ERISA developments.
Executive compensation and employee benefits partner Peter Haller spoke at PLI seminar ERISA 2016: The Evolving World. The seminar:
- Took a detailed look at the latest developments and impact of the Departments of Labor’s NEW fiduciary rules on broker dealers, asset managers, insurance companies, plan sponsors and record keepers.
- Explored the impact of technology on the provision of services to retirement plans
- Learned about the DOL priorities involving audits and investigations
- Examined the pension fund rules and what happens to pension and multiemployer plans in bankruptcy
- Reviewed the latest issues in ERISA litigation and plan governance
- Explored ERISA issues in mergers and acquisitions transactions
- Discussed potential ethical issues for the practitioner
For more information about the program, please click here.