For more than a decade, Willkie has implemented myriad sustainability initiatives to reduce our environmental impact. These have spanned programs related to energy and water, technology, waste, travel, and procurement, as well as pro bono and community involvement.
As a member of the Law Firm Sustainability Network (LSFN), we are committed to promoting the benefits of sustainability and corporate social responsibility, and to managing and measuring our impact. Willkie has been awarded a Gold ranking for its submission to the American Legal Industry Sustainability Standard, a Self-Assessment Tool that is designed to help law firms measure the success of their environmental sustainability programs and discover opportunities to improve their sustainability programs.
Our Sustainability Commitment
- Reduce our direct and indirect contribution of greenhouse gas emissions through reduction of energy consumption.
- Train our personnel in best practices to reduce impact to the environment.
- Promote collective efforts of all personnel to reduce the firm’s impact on the environment.
- Comply with all local and national environmental legislation.
- Utilize technology where possible to reduce unnecessary travel.
- Reduce our usage of paper and provide clear guidance on recycling best practices.
- Design and construct office space using energy efficient products, post-consumer materials whenever possible, and efficient water consumption and reduced toxic substances.
- Work with suppliers to promote and improve environmental impact performance.
- Advise our clients on environmentally sustainable practices and governance matters, including policies, management systems, disclosures and offsetting activities.
- Support pro bono initiatives that contribute to sustainable causes.