Led by Jacques-Philippe Gunther, the European Antitrust practice group comprises about twenty lawyers drawn from six different offices (Paris, London, Frankfurt, Brussels, Milan and Rome).
It has significant experience in a broad range of competition law issues including:
- Merger control
- Vertical / Horizontal agreements
- Abuse of dominant position (predatory pricing, loyalty rebate, cross subsidization, restrictive practices)
- State aids
- Assessment of complex agreements (joint ventures, R&D, long term supply, exclusive arrangements, minority interests...)
- Distribution law (general terms and conditions, distribution agreements, commercial agent agreement, resale at a loss)
- Regulatory (banking, insurance, telecom, gas, electricity)
- Leniency and compliance programs
In particular, the European team has developed a strong professional relationship with competition authorities both at the European level (European Commission, European Community Court and Court of Justice) and at the national level (in particular especially in France, London, Germany, Belgium and Italy).