Christine Murphy is a partner in the Real Estate Department and is a member of the Real Estate Finance practice group, focusing on commercial real estate finance and investments. Her practice includes balance sheet financings, permanent and bridge loan originations, construction loans, mezzanine and other subordinate financings, loan participations and syndications and workouts and restructurings. Christine represents commercial banks, investment banks, institutional lenders, insurance companies, private equity investors, funds and other investors. Christine advises on transactions involving all types of commercial real property, including office, retail, hotels, resorts, multi-family projects, assisted living/nursing facilities, data centers, ground leased property and other commercial properties. Christine has additional experience in real estate development, acquisitions, dispositions, leasing and joint venture transactions.
Christine has advised on the following selected significant matters.*
- Represented a bank in connection with construction loans for $387 million for the construction of multifamily buildings in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
- Represented a bank in connection with a $205 million construction loan for the construction of a luxury condominium project in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in connection with a $295 million mortgage and mezzanine loans secured by an office building in Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented a bank in connection with a $200 million condominium inventory loan secured by condominium units located in downtown Manhattan, New York.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in connection with the $100 million mortgage and mezzanine loans secured by an office and laboratory complex in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in connection with a $275 million construction loan for the construction of a hotel in SoHo, Manhattan.
- Represented a debt fund in connection with $75 million mortgage and mezzanine loans, and subsequent restructuring of such lonas, for the redevelopment of a co-working and office building in the financial district in Manhattan, New York.
- Represented a bank in connection with a $54 million construction loan secured by an assisted living and memory care facility in Long Island, New York.
- Represented a bank in connection with a $110 million acquisition and redevelopment mortgage loan secured by a co-living and multifamily project in Washington, D.C.
- Represented a bank in connection with a $107 million mortgage loan secured by an office building in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Represented a bank in connection with a $97 million construction loan for the construction of an Amazon warehouse in Fishkill, New York.
*Christine advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.
Prior to joining Willkie in 2022, Christine was a partner at Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP.