Rosalind Fahey Kruse is a partner in the Corporate and Financial Services Department and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. She focuses on mergers and acquisitions involving public and private companies, private equity transactions, debt and equity financings, and general corporate and securities law matters. Rosalind regularly advises private equity sponsors, boards of directors and senior management on strategic and governance matters.
Rosalind has represented:
- Centerbridge Partners in its acquisition of Superior Vision Corporation, a leader in managed vision care, from Nautic Partners
- Transaction Committee of the Excel Board of Directors in sale of 34 vessels to Star Bulk Carriers for $288 million and 29.9 million shares of Star bulk Carriers stock, valued in the aggregate at $634.91 million
- Insight Venture Partners in its $250 million investment in Sydney-based Campaign Monitor, a global leader in SaaS-based email marketing and design solutions; its $84 million investment in Checkmarx, a leading developer of software solutions used to identify, fix and block security vulnerabilities in web and mobile applications; and in connection with The Priceline Group’s strategic partnership with and investment in Hotel Urbano, one of Brazil's largest and fastest growing online travel companies
- Pearl Therapeutics, a company focused on developing inhaled combination therapies for the treatment of respiratory diseases, in its $1.15 billion sale to AstraZeneca
- Representing The Cap Street Group in its recapitalization of Industrial Plant Services, Inc. in partnership with other co-investors and senior management
- Advising The Sterling Group on its acquisition of ROM Corporation and Specialty Manufacturing, Inc.
- Advising Centerbridge Partners, TPG Opportunities Partners and Fidelity Investments on corporate aspects of the out-of-court restructuring and $3 billion refinancing of international resort operator Kerzner International, which was recognized as the 2013 Large Market Atlas Turnaround of the year
- Representing Istithmar World, an investment arm of the government of Dubai, on corporate aspects of the out-of-court restructuring of luxury goods retailer Barneys New York which was recognized as the 2013 Upper Middle Market Atlas Turnaround of the year
- Folhamatic Group, a Brazil-based tax and accounting software company, in its sale 125 million pound sale of a controlling interest to UK-based Sage Group plc
- Morgan Stanley in its sale of its mortgage servicing business, Saxon, to Ocwen Financial Corporation for a base purchase price plus approximately $1.2 billion for servicing advance receivables outstanding
- GreenTree Credit Solutions, LLC, a portfolio company of Centerbridge Capital Partners, L.P., in its approximately $1 billion acquisition by Walter Investment Management Corp.
- Centerbridge Capital Partners, L.P. and Resort Finance America, LLC in the acquisition of the resort finance business of GMAC Commercial Finance LLC, a subsidiary of Ally Financial Inc. and the ongoing representation of Resort Finance America, LLC as lender
- Green Tree Servicing LLC in a number of acquisition transactions and financings, including its acquisition of mortgage servicing rights and certain servicing assets of Bank of America, EverBank, Origen Financial, Inc., Irwin Financial Corporation and others
- Affiliates of Insight Venture Partners in acquisitions of, dispositions of, or investments in, New Relic Inc., Hootsuite Media Inc. (largest venture capital deal in Canada), Wishabi Inc., DaWanda GmbH, Acronis Ltd., Elo 7 Ltd., Dealfind, Metalogix Software Corp., Syncsort Incorporated, HoundDog Technology Ltd., Six Waves Inc., Mentez LLC, Katharion and others
- An investor group comprised of Insight Venture Partners, Spectrum Equity Investors and The Raine Group in Jagex Limited, a leading independent developer and publisher of online games
- DLJ Merchant Banking on its investment in Landis + Gyr Holdings AG
- Greenwich Aero Group, Inc. in its acquisition of assets from Fairchild Corporation in a transaction under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code
- FiberNet Telecom Group Inc. in its sale to Zayo Group
- GateHouse Media, Inc., in its acquisition of community newspaper assets of CP Media Inc. and its acquisition of Enterprise NewsMedia Holding, LLC from Heritage Partners and its other owners
- Shurgard Storage Centers, Inc. in its approximately $5 billion acquisition by Public Storage, Inc.
- Ventas, Inc. in its $649 million acquisition of assisted living and nursing home facilities from affiliates of the Reichmann family
- SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc. in its reorganization and emergence from chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- An investment group consisting of Fortress Investment Group LLC, J.C. Flowers & Co. LLC and Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. in its acquisition of assets from Conseco Finance Corp. for approximately $1.1 billion in a transaction under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Matlin Patterson Global Advisers, LLC in its $475 million acquisition of the Southeast generation portfolio of Duke Energy Corporation
- MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company in a number of merger and acquisition and financing transactions, including: its $960 million acquisition of Kern River Gas Transmission Company, its $2 billion acquisition of Northern Natural Gas Company, its going-private tender offer of HomeServices.Com, Inc. and its $700 million senior notes 144A private placement offering
- An investment group, including Berkshire Hathaway, Inc., in the MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company going-private transaction
- Simon Property Group, Inc. in its merger with Corporate Property Investors, Inc.
Rosalind is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York and currently serves on its Corporation Law Committee. Previously she served on its Committee on Securities Regulation. She has also served on the Harvard Law School Reunion Gift Committee and the Dartmouth College Reunion Committee, and is an active member of several committees for local community and school organizations.