Calvert Street Capital Partners/Lagniappe Health Systems: Represented Calvert Street in its acquisition of Lagniappe Health Systems.
CapStreet Group/ Keais Records Service, LLC: Represented CapStreet Group in its acquisition of a majority stake in Keais Records Service, LLC, a leading medical records processor.
Centerbridge Partners/Superior Vision: Represented Centerbridge Partners in its acquisition of Superior Vision Corporation, a leader in managed vision care, from Nautic Partners.
Electra Investment Trust plc/Capitol Health Partners: Represented Electra in connection with its private equity investment in Capitol Health Partners.
HealthcareSource/Francisco Partners/Insight Venture Partners: Represented HealthcareSource, the leading provider of talent management solutions for the healthcare industry, in its agreement to be acquired by private equity firm Francisco Partners. Insight Venture Partners was the majority owner of HealthcareSource.
Insight Venture Partners/Kinnser Software: Advised Insight on its $40 million investment in Kinnser, a Web-based software solutions provider.
MedAssets, Inc.: Advised this provider of healthcare supply chain management and revenue cycle management services on its acquisition-related transactions with the following companies:
- Pamplona Capital Management: Advised MedAssets on its agreement to be acquired by Pamplona Capital Management for $2.7 billion.
- SG-2, LLC: Represented MedAssets on its $142 million acquisition of healthcare market intelligence and strategic analytics platform, Sg2.
PAI Partners/DomusVi: Represented PAI Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in DomusVi, a leading French retirement and nursing home company.
Quantum Strategic Partners/Oak Street Health: Represented Quantum Strategic Partners in its minority investment in Oak Street Health, operator of primary care centers focused on seniors in the Chicago metropolitan area.
RegionalCare: Represented Warburg Pincus portfolio company RegionalCare Hospital Partners, an owner and operator of regional acute care facilities, in its agreement to be acquired by Apollo.
SenioCare/Waterland Private Equity: Advised Waterland Private Equity on the acquisition of SenioCare.
Sunrise Senior Living, Inc.: Represented Sunrise, which owns and operates approximately 400 senior living communities throughout the United States, Canada and Europe, in the following M&A-related transactions:
- CNL Lifestyle Properties and Arcapita: Represented Sunrise in a combined purchase, sale agreement and joint venture with a wholly owned subsidiary of CNL and an affiliate of Arcapita, which was Sunrise's joint venture partner in 29 Sunrise-managed communities. As part of the transaction, Arcapita sold its 90 percent ownership interest in the joint venture for $262 million to a new joint venture between CNL Lifestyle Properties and Sunrise, while Sunrise contributed its interest in the previous joint venture for a 40 percent ownership interest in the new venture.
- Morgan Stanley and AL U.S. Development Venture, LLC: Represented Sunrise in a two-part transaction involving the $45 million buyout of joint venture partner Morgan Stanley’s entire 80 percent interest in AL, a joint venture which indirectly owns 15 Sunrise-managed assisted living facilities, together with an extension and modification of the joint venture’s existing $370.5 million loan from HSH Nordbank AG.
UBS Securities/Ramsey Health Care: Represented UBS Securities in the sale of Ramsey, an international hospital group.
Ventas, Inc.: Advised on acquisition-related transactions with the following entities, enabling this S&P 500 company to become the leading senior housing and healthcare real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States:
- Cogdell Spencer Inc.: Represented Ventas in its acquisition of Cogdell Spencer, a REIT focused on medical facilities, for approximately $770 million including debt.
- Nationwide Health Properties, Inc.: Advised Centerview Partners LLC, financial adviser for Ventas’ $7.4 billion stock-for-stock acquisition of Nationwide, a publicly traded REIT that invests in senior housing facilities, long-term care facilities and medical office buildings throughout the United States. The deal created one of the largest REITs at the time and the leading healthcare REIT by equity value.
Warburg Pincus/ComplexCare Solutions: Represented Warburg Pincus in its $40 million investment in ComplexCare Solutions, Inc., a health services company.