Bregal Freshstream/Lunch Garden: Represented London-based private equity fund Bregal Freshstream in its acquisition of Belgian self-service restaurant chain Lunch Garden from a consortium of investors led by H2 Equity Partners.
Elior/Ansamble: Represented Elior, Europe’s third-largest provider of contracted food services, on its acquisition of Vannes, France-based catering company Ansamble.
Elior/TrustHouse: Represented Elior in its acquisition of U.S.-based TrustHouse Services Group.
G.E.T. Enterprises/Olympus Partners: Represented the management team of G.E.T. Enterprises in connection with G.E.T.’s acquisition by Olympus Partners.
H.J. Heinz/Berkshire Hathaway/3G Capital: Represented BofA Merrill Lynch, financial advisors to H.J. Heinz Company, in the $28 billion acquisition of the iconic maker of ketchup and other food products by Berkshire Hathaway and 3G Capital.
IK Investment Partners: Advised European private equity firm IK Investment on its acquisitions of or investments in the following companies:
- Cérélia Group: Advised IK in the acquisition of Cérélia Group, a leading European manufacturer of ready-to-bake chilled dough products.
- Savena: Advised IK on its acquisition of Savena, the French food ingredient manufacturer from Azulis Capital and Céréa Capital.
- Sfinc NV: Advised IK and its portfolio company Savena, a French food-ingredient manufacturer, on Savena’s acquisition of Belgian rival Sfinc for an enterprise value of approximately €100 million.
- Solina Group: Advised IK Investment Partners in negotiations to sell leading European food solutions provider Solina Group to Ardian Mid Cap Buyout.
Insight Venture Partners: Represented Insight Venture Partners on its investment in HelloFresh, the Berlin and New York City-based meal-kit delivery service.
Latour Capital/Syclef: Represented Latour Capital in the acquisition, through its fund Latour Capital II, of a majority stake in Syclef, a major French player in the installation and maintenance of commercial and agri-food refrigeration systems.
: Advised private equity firm PAI partners in multiple food and beverage industry transactions, including:
- Labeyrie: Represented PAI in its acquisition of a stake in Labeyrie Fine Foods, a French gourmet food producer.
- Yoplait/General Mills: Advised PAI on the sale of its 50 percent stake in Yoplait to U.S.-based food company General Mills, one of the world’s largest food companies. The transaction was valued at $1.1 billion.
The Pantry, Inc./Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc.: Represented The Pantry, Inc., operator of more than 1,500 convenience stores in the southeastern United States, in an agreement to be acquired by Canadian convenience store leader Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc., in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $1.7 billion, including debt assumed.
Roquette: Representing Roquette in a private placement of unsecured senior notes in the United States with an aggregate deal value of $175 million.
Safeway/Albertsons: Represented Colony Financial, Inc. as one of the equity investors in the $9 billion acquisition of Safeway, Inc. by AB Acquisition LLC, a merger of two of the country’s largest grocery store chains.
Scotsman/ALI Group/Warburg Pincus: Represented Scotsman Industries, the world’s largest commercial ice machine company, in its acquisition by ALI Group, a Milan, Italy-based diversified food service equipment manufacturer, from an affiliate of Warburg Pincus.
The Sterling Group/Liqui-Box: Represented The Sterling Group in its sale of Liqui-Box Corporation to funds managed by Olympus Partners.