Brice Pommiès is national partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and general corporate law matters. He has also acquired significant experience in corporate finance, with a specific focus on shipping financing. He was seconded to the New York office in 2009 and 2010.
According to the Legal 500 (2017), Brice “whose ‘high professionalism and mastery of M&A, projects and finance’ make him a great adviser to industrial corporations”. He is also noted as “Next Generation Lawyer” for shipping finance.
Brice has advised in the following significant matters:
- Counsel to Pomona in its acquisition of eight concession holders within the Relais d'Or Miko network (exclusive distributor of Unilever premium brand ice creams in France).
- Counsel to Airbus Group in the disposal of its stake in Recaero.
- Counsel to Swissport in the sale of its French ground handling operations to GHTeam.
- Counsel to Transdev as shareholder of SNCM (operating ferries between Corsica and France) in relation to corporate and governance matters.
- Counsel to Motus Integrated Technologies in the acquisition of Johnson Controls French Headliners and Sunvisors activities.
- Counsel to NXMH in the acquisition of Stokke, the premium children´s furniture and equipment maker.
- Counsel to certain members of the Hermès family (acting in private capacity) as part of the strategic and financial investor group in the acquisition of Canadian-based women’s activewear maker Coalision Inc.
- Counsel to Michel Troisgros, the three Michelin star chef, in his partnership with Samsung Electronics.
- Counsel to CMA CGM in connection with the sale of a 49% stake in its wholly owned subsidiary Terminal Link to China Merchants Holdings International.
- Counsel to BUT in connection with certain financing matters and acquisition of franchisees.
- Counsel to Rexel in its acquisition of Eurodis.
- Counsel to PAI partners in its sale of French engineering company SPIE to a consortium led by Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
- Counsel to Cobepa in its acquisition of Laboratoires Goëmar.
- Counsel to Thales on its $2.2 billion agreement to purchase the satellite activities, transport signalling and critical infrastructure protection of Alcatel.
- Counsel to EADS in the negotiation and structuring of a European industrial project in the sector of unmanned air vehicles.
- Counsel to CVC Capital Partners in its joint acquisition with Electra Partners Europe of CPI-Chevrillon.
Financing and restructuring matters
- Counsel to CMA CGM in connection with:
- financing matters relating to the sale to the EQT Infrastructure III fund of a 90 percent stake in APL Limited, whose wholly owned subsidiary, Eagle Marine Services, Ltd., operates Global Gateway South, a leading container terminal in the Port of Los Angeles;
- the financing of the tender offer on Neptune Orient Lines;
- sale and leaseback of vessels with various leasing houses;
- its €550,000,000 offering of 7.75% Senior Notes due 2021, €175,000,000 million tap issuance of additional Senior Notes, and concurrent tender offer and redemption;
- the financing of the acquisition of certain new build vessels, including the then largest containership (CMA CGM Marco Polo);
- the restructuring of its indebtedness.
- Counsel to STX France in connection with:
- the shipbuilding contract and construction financing of two new Vista-Plus series cruise ships ordered by MSC Cruises;
- the construction financing for two Edge class cruise ships ordered by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.;
- the construction financing for the newbuild Oasis IV cruise ship ordered by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., which transaction won the award for "Best ECA-Backed Shipping Financing 2015" by Trade & Export Finance magazine;
- the issuance of refund guarantees in relation to the construction of two new Vista series cruise ships ordered by MSC Cruises.
- Counsel to Eurotunnel in connection with the acquisition of certain vessels and assets of Seafrance as part of its judicial liquidation.
- Counsel to Goldman Sachs, Colony Capital and Merchant Equity Partners in connection with the financing of their acquisition of BUT, the French furniture and electricals business of Kesa Plc.
- Counsel to a Mexico bank in connection with its $75 million secured line of credit to a drilling company.
- Counsel to Adenclassifields in connection with its initial public offering.
- Counsel to GE Real Estate in connection with the tender offers launched on Bail Investissement and Beni Stabili.
- Counsel to Holding Bercy Investissement in its leveraged going-private acquisition of Elior, followed by a mandatory takeover and squeeze-out.
- Counsel to Vectrane in connection with its initial public offering.