Brice Pommiès is national partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and general corporate law matters. He has also acquired significant experience in corporate finance, with a specific focus on shipping financing. He was seconded to the New York office in 2009 and 2010.
Brice has advised in the following significant matters:
- Counsel to Airbus Group in the disposal of its stake in Recaero
- Counsel to Swissport in the sale of its French ground handling operations to GHTeam
- Counsel to Transdev as shareholder of SNCM (operating ferries between Corsica and France) in relation to corporate and governance matters.
- Counsel to Motus Integrated Technologies in the acquisition of Johnson Controls French Headliners and Sunvisors activities.
- Counsel to NXMH in the acquisition of Stokke, the premium children´s furniture and equipment maker.
- Counsel to certain members of the Hermès family (acting in private capacity) as part of the strategic and financial investor group in the acquisition of Canadian-based women’s activewear maker Coalision Inc.
- Counsel to Michel Troisgros, the three Michelin star chef, in his partnership with Samsung Electronics.
- Counsel to CMA CGM in connection with the sale of a 49% stake in its wholly owned subsidiary Terminal Link to China Merchants Holdings International.
- Counsel to BUT in connection with certain financing matters and acquisition of franchisees.
- Counsel to Rexel in its acquisition of Eurodis.
- Counsel to PAI partners in its sale of French engineering company SPIE to a consortium led by Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
- Counsel to Cobepa in its acquisition of Laboratoires Goëmar.
- Counsel to Thales on its $2.2 billion agreement to purchase the satellite activities, transport signalling and critical infrastructure protection of Alcatel.
- Counsel to EADS in the negotiation and structuring of a European industrial project in the sector of unmanned air vehicles.
- Counsel to CVC Capital Partners in its joint acquisition with Electra Partners Europe of CPI-Chevrillon.
Financing and restructuring matters
- Counsel to CMA CGM in the financing of the tender offer on Neptune Orient Lines.
- Counsel to CMA CGM in its €550,000,000 offering of 7.75% Senior Notes due 2021, €175,000,000 million tap issuance of additional Senior Notes, and concurrent tender offer and redemption.
- Counsel to STX France in connection with the construction financing for the newbuild Oasis IV cruise ship ordered by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., which transaction won the award for “Best ECA-Backed Shipping Financing 2015” by Trade & Export Finance magazine.
- Counsel to STX France in connection with the issuance of refund guarantees in relation to the construction of two newbuild Vista series cruise ships ordered by MSC Cruises.
- Counsel to CMA CGM in connection with the financing of the acquisition of certain new build vessels, including the then largest containership (CMA CGM Marco Polo).
- Counsel to CMA CGM in connection with the restructuring of its indebtedness.
- Counsel to Eurotunnel in connection with the acquisition of certain vessels and assets of Seafrance as part of its judicial liquidation.
- Counsel to Goldman Sachs, Colony Capital and Merchant Equity Partners in connection with the financing of their acquisition of BUT, the French furniture and electricals business of Kesa Plc.
- Counsel to a Mexico bank in connection with its $75 million secured line of credit to a drilling company.
- Counsel to Adenclassifields in connection with its initial public offering.
- Counsel to GE Real Estate in connection with the tender offers launched on Bail Investissement and Beni Stabili.
- Counsel to Holding Bercy Investissement in its leveraged going-private acquisition of Elior, followed by a mandatory takeover and squeeze-out.
- Counsel to Vectrane in connection with its initial public offering.