Jonathan J. Konoff is counsel in the Corporate and Financial Services Department, where he advises on antitrust aspects of mergers and acquisitions. Jonathan focuses on merger notification matters with an emphasis on analysis and compliance under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act.
Jonathan has represented clients on merger notification matters in, among others, the following sectors:
- Private equity (Warburg Pincus, Aquiline, Friedman Fleischer & Lowe, PAI, Sterling, Lime Rock, Insight)
- Hedge funds (Monarch, Pennant, Third Point, Caxton)
- Pharmaceuticals (Teva, Auxilium, Clovis)
- Insurance (Tower Group, W.R. Berkley)
- Financial services and support (Ion Trading, Bloomberg, Green Tree)
- Communications (Landmark, Time Warner, Level 3)
- Retail (Hudson’s Bay Company)
- Apparel (Men’s Wearhouse, Kenneth Cole)
- Investment management (Aberdeen)
- Aviation and aerospace (Loral, Greenwich Aerogroup, Velcon)
Jonathan is an active member of the American Bar Association’s Section on Antitrust Law, and was involved in a major update of the ABA publication Premerger Notification Practice Manual. He moderated a panel co-sponsored by the ABA and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York. Jonathan co-authored "Transactions With Financially Distressed Entities," published in Antitrust, Volume 16, Number 2, Spring 2002.