Ana M. Alfonso is a partner in the Business Reorganization & Restructuring Department. She is a creditor’s rights advocate with extensive experience representing financial institutions as creditors in bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court debt restructurings. Known best for her representation of secured lenders, Ana regularly advises administrative agents, lender groups and bilateral credit providers on complex credits of all sizes.
Ana is recommended by The Legal 500 U.S. 2017 and is recognized as a Notable Practitioner by IFLR 1000 2018.
Prior to joining Willkie in 2010, Ana was a partner at Kaye Scholer LLP.
Ana has spoken on insolvency law on numerous panels, including:
- “Recent Evolution of E&P RBL Financing,” Debtwire Podcast (October 2017)
- “Hot Spots in a Cold Bankruptcy World: Energy and Healthcare Restructurings,” 90th Annual National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges (October 2016)
- “Current Issues in the Energy Sector,” American Bankruptcy Institute, 18th Annual New York City Bankruptcy Conference (May 2016)
- “Issues in Media Restructurings,” AIRA 30th Annual Bankruptcy & Restructuring Conference (June 2014)
- “Significant Issues in Distressed Debt and Restructurings Explored,” The Knowledge Group (May 2014)
In 2016 and 2017, Ana was selected to serve on Law360’s Bankruptcy Editorial Advisory Board.
Ana is the co-author of “Tackling Distress in the US Healthcare Sector,” Financier Worldwide Magazine (October 2017), “E&P Financing: RBLs Trend Toward a New Normal,” Turnaround Management Association (September 2017), "Zing VII and the Future of "Bankruptcy-Remote," Asset Securitization Report (November 2011), "Second Circuit Court Of Appeals Holds ‘Gift’ From Secured Creditor To Shareholder Under A Chapter 11 Plan Violates Absolute Priority Rule," Metropolitan Corporate Counsel (April 2011) and "Calyon: Mortgage Loan Investors and Safe Harbors," New York Law Journal (January 31, 2008).