CMI and Warburg Pincus
: Advised CMI and Warburg on the sale of CMI to Roche Diagnostics. CMI, the developer of a highly innovative hematology testing system, was created and funded by Warburg and members of CMI’s management team.
Continental Structural Plastics (CSP): Advised CSP, a U.S.-based innovator of structural composite products, on acquiring the assets of France-based Sora Composites, an automotive subcontracting operator that was dismantled in late 2012.
Cresta Fund Management/Lapis Energy LP: Represented Cresta Fund Management in its investment in Lapis Energy LP.
A Global Investment Management Company: We advised the private equity clients of a global investment management company in a various matters:
- two separate, unrelated joint venture transactions associated with large real estate development projects in New York and California.
- a series of complex, multi-party real estate transactions, resulting in the company’s acquisition of a portfolio of properties in the U.S. and abroad.
New Breed Holding Company: Advised New Breed, the preeminent U.S. provider of non-asset based, complex, technology-enabled contract logistics for corporate clients, on its acquisition by XPO Logistics, Inc. XPO purchased New Breed for $615 million on a cash-free, debt-free basis.
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.: Advised Teva on its acquisition of Théramex and related companies from Merck Serono (a division of Merck KGaA) for €265 million.
Warburg Pincus:We advised Warburg Pincus and its affiliates on a number of matters, including:
- an affiliate on its acquisition of JHP Pharmaceuticals, LLC, a fully integrated specialty pharmaceutical company, from JHP Holdings, LLC, an entity majority-owned by Morgan Stanley Principal Investments, for $195 million on a debt-free, cash-free basis.
- Warburg in a new aerospace venture, Extant Components Group Holdings, Inc., formed between Warburg and aerospace industry executive James Gerwien. Willkie represented Extant in its first transaction -- the acquisition of Symetrics Technology Group, LLC, a privately held company specializing in designing, manufacturing and testing electronic systems for the Department of Defense, NASA and prime contractors of the U.S. and foreign governments.
- Warburg and Clondalkin in the sale by Clondalkin of portions of its North American Flexible Packaging division to Hilex Poly, a portfolio company of Wind Point Partners.
WEBER-HYDRAULIK: Advised WEBER-HYDRAULIK, a leading international provider of customized hydraulic drive and control engineering solutions, on its acquisition of U.S.-based Hyco International Inc., from U.S. financial investor Centre Partners Management LLC.