Nicholas Reddick is an associate in the Litigation Department of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in San Francisco and Washington, D.C. Nick represents clients in complex litigation, government investigations, congressional hearings, enforcement actions, multidimensional crises involving sanctions and anti-corruption issues, and other sensitive government-facing matters. A former federal prosecutor and Navy Judge Advocate, Nick is an accomplished courtroom advocate with significant trial experience.
Nick’s representative litigation and counseling matters include:
- Represented the board of directors of PDV Holding, Inc., CITGO Holding, Inc., and CITGO Petroleum Corporation in successfully obtaining a precedent-setting ruling in the Delaware Chancery Court and Delaware Supreme Court that affirmed the legitimacy of the boards of directors of the U.S. subsidiaries of Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A.
- Representing PDV Holding, Inc. in a lawsuit in the Southern District of New York and Second Circuit seeking to invalidate certain sovereign bonds executed by the Maduro regime in contravention of Venezuela’s Constitution and the Venezuelan National Assembly’s legislative acts.
- Representing Gold Star families and military veterans in lawsuits under the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act and Antiterrorism Act against the Republic of Iran for supporting terrorism in Iraq and numerous wartime contractors that allegedly paid bribes to the Taliban.
- Representing Navy Federal Credit Union in a federal class action brought in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
- Representing CITGO Petroleum Corporation in breach of contract, fraud, and RICO litigation in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas against an individual and company that allegedly defrauded the Company.
- Representing a class of employees of the State of Arizona and University of Arizona in the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona in lawsuit seeking to overturn Arizona’s exclusion of gender-affirming surgical care under the State’s health care plan.
- Representing Resideo Technologies in a securities fraud class action brought in the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, and related shareholder derivative lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
- Representing an employee of a large automobile manufacturer in investigations being conducted by the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and California Air Resources Board for alleged violations of the Clean Air Act.
- Representing a large, foreign corporation in a federal lawsuit brought under the Helms-Burton Act in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Oversaw several internal and Congressional investigations on behalf of several large corporations and asset management firms.
- Assisted in drafting an expert report on political interference in federal criminal investigations and prosecutions, in relation to a high-profile extradition of a foreign national.
- As a federal prosecutor, Nick served as lead or co-lead prosecutor in numerous civil rights cases brought by the Department of Justice,* including U.S. v. Syring, the prosecution of an individual who was convicted of federal hate crimes after a two week jury trial for threatening numerous employees of a Washington, D.C. non-profit advocating on behalf of Arab Americans.
- As a Judge Advocate General in the U.S. Navy,* Nick assisted the Navy in responding to various Congressional investigations and inquiries regarding the handling of sexual assaults committed against U.S. service members; oversaw numerous complex, high-profile internal investigations involving fraud, criminal conduct, and alleged war crimes committed overseas; and served as trial counsel in numerous courts martial and administrative proceedings.
* These matters were handled prior to joining Willkie.