Josh Real is an associate in the Corporate & Financial Services Department in Palo Alto. Josh’s practice focuses on a wide variety of technology and commercial transactions, including counseling and advising clients on intellectual property issues and drafting development, licensing, manufacturing, distribution, and other agreements.
Josh has advised on the following significant matters*:
- Facebook in its technology acquisition and infrastructure deals for Facebook’s data centers, including structuring, negotiating, and drafting agreements for the development, manufacture, and supply of customized servers, server components, and other technology for Facebook’s data centers around the world.
- Salesforce in numerous technology and commercial deals, including structuring, negotiating, and drafting technology acquisition, development, and other infrastructure deals for its data centers and enterprise, and negotiating and drafting procurement deals for various goods and services, including consulting and digital advertising services.
- One of the leading display panel suppliers in its series of multi-billion dollar agreements with two of the leading consumer electronics companies for the development, manufacture, and supply of displays for smartphones, tablets, and notebook and desktop computers, including in some cases the incorporation of certain consigned components and materials and the use of consigned tooling and equipment.
- A social media company in connection with its back-to-back billion-dollar cloud services agreement with Amazon Web Services and Google.
- City of Hope in connection with its licensing agreements, colocation services agreements, and other technology transactions.
- A consumer technology company in the negotiation of an agreement for the manufacture and supply of finished consumer wearable technology products.
- A consumer technology company in the negotiation of a logistics services agreement for B2B and B2C logistics services and a repair and replacement services agreement covering B2B and B2C product returns and warranty claims.
- A media company in the licensing of a television program to a broadcaster
Josh has advised on the following significant pro bono matters*:
- A nonprofit organization in connection with its research funding agreement with a cancer researcher at a prestigious university.
- A nonprofit school in counseling its board of directors regarding corporate formalities and assorted potential transactions.
- A nonprofit copyright and trademark owner in connection with its resale and distribution agreement for its environmental education program.
- A nonprofit copyright owner in connection with the licensing of its copyrighted software to other service providers.
- A nonprofit organization in connection with its licensing of a new online educational platform.
Josh advised on these matters while at a prior firm.