Ryan Giggs is an associate in the Corporate & Financial Services Department in Houston. Ryan is a multifaceted transactional attorney with experience advising clients on a wide range of business matters. Ryan’s experience includes advising private and public companies in a variety of M&A engagements (such as leveraged buyouts, acquisitions, divestitures, and carve-outs), joint ventures and partnerships, cross-border investments, and entity formation and governance. Ryan has also acted as counsel to special and conflicts committees of the boards of directors of public companies and regularly represents clients on a range of commercial arrangements across the energy industry.
Ryan has advised on the following significant matters*:
- Represented of LS Power and REV Renewables in a $300+ million equity investment by SK E&S in REV to accelerate the expansion of REV's portfolio of renewable power and energy storage projects.
- Represented of LS Power in the formation of clean energy platform REV Renewables, and contribution of a 2.4GW portfolio of assets draw from LSP’s existing portfolio, consisting of solar, wind, pumped hydro and battery storage assets.
- Represented New Mountain Capital and DRB Systems in DRB’s sale to Vontier for approximately $965 million.
- Represented New Mountain Capital and portfolio company Sparta Systems in New Mountain’s $1.3 billion sale of Sparta to Honeywell.
- Represented a middle-market private equity firm on leveraged buyout of light industrial manufacturing business.
- Represented a publicly traded renewable energy company in the sale of its wind and solar projects in Chile.*
- Represented a private midstream company in the $110 million acquisition of midstream assets in the Delaware Basin.*
- Represented a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company in its approximately $150 million acquisition of a residential and commercial energy services company via public tender offer.*
- Represented a renewable energy-focused private equity fund in four separate preferred equity investments.
- Represented Silver Creek Midstream Holdings, LLC, a Tailwater Capital-backed company, in its investment into a joint venture with Tallgrass Energy Partners LP to develop pipeline assets in the Powder River Basin.
- Represented a publicly traded MLP in two pipeline joint ventures with an aggregate value of $225 million.*
- Represented the conflicts committee of a publicly traded MLP in over $450 million in drop-down transactions between the MLP and its sponsor.*
- Represented a publicly traded MLP in its $2.5 billion acquisition of a natural gas gathering and processing company.*
- Represented a publicly traded MLP in over $1.5 billion in drop-down transactions with its sponsor.*
- Represented a Belgian financial institution in the $3.5 billion sale of its Turkish unit to a Russian bank.*
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in its $700 million acquisition of a Turkish generic drug manufacturer.*
- Represented a private midstream company in the issuance of $250 million in preferred securities to a private equity fund and other investors.*
* Ryan advised on these matters prior to joining Willkie.