Aelita Software Corp./Quest Software, Inc.: Involved in $115 sale of Aelita to Quest. Both companies create Windows server management software.
Appriss/The Retail Equation: Represented Appriss Inc., a leading provider of data, risk assessment and analytic solutions for government, health information and the consumer industries, in its acquisition of The Retail Equation, a provider of predictive analytics for retail businesses.
Aquiline Capital Partners/BI-SAM: Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of BI-SAM Technologies, a French payment technology company for financial services industry participants.
Aquiline Capital Partners/Fenergo: Advised Aquiline Capital Partners in an investment in Fenergo, the leading provider of client lifecycle management software solutions for investment banks, capital market firms and private banks.
Aquiline Capital Partners/OmegaFi: Represented Aquiline Capital Partners in its investment in OmegaFi, the leading provider of financial, membership management, and fundraising software and support solutions for college fraternities and sororities across the United States.
Ardian/Chal-Tec GmbH: Represented Ardian in its investment in Chal-Tec GmbH, a Berlin-based e-commerce company.
Ardian/Gantner: Represented Ardian in its acquisition of Gantner, the leading international manufacturer of contactless NFC access control, electronic locking and cashless payment applications for the global leisure industry.
Asset International/Market Metrics, Matrix Solutions: Represented Genstar Capital portfolio company Asset International in its acquisition of Market Metrics and Matrix Solutions from FactSet.
Atmel Grenoble/e2v Technologies: Represented Amtel, a developer and manufacturer of a wide range of semiconductor integrated circuits, in its acquisition by UK-based e2v Technologies, a leading global provider of technology solutions for high-performance systems.
: Represented leading cybersecurity solution provider BeyondTrust in its sale to Veritas Capital from Insight Venture Partners.
Bridge Growth Partners/CRGT Inc.: Represented Bridge Growth Partners LLC in its acquisition of CRGT, a leading provider of custom software and data analytics to federal agencies, from an affiliate of Veritas Capital.
Bridge Growth Partners/Finalsite: Represented Bridge Growth Partners, LLC in its acquisition of Finalsite, a leading SaaS-based learning and communications platform for U.S. and international schools.
Bridge Growth Partners/Solace Systems: Represented Bridge Growth Partners, LLC in its acquisition of a majority interest in Solace Systems, Inc., a leading provider of infrastructure messaging technology.
Chancellor Media/Vanstar Corporation: Represented Chancellor in its acquisition of Vanstar, a provider of customized information technology and networking solutions.
Clear2Pay N.V./Lexcel Solutions: Represented Clear2Pay, Belgium-based international technology provider of next-generation payment solutions for financial institutions, in its acquisition of Lexcel Solutions, a provider of end-to-end payment testing software and services to third-party transaction processors.
CompUSA: Represented the technology retailer in antitrust and competition aspects of its successful $211 million acquisition of Computer City, a 100-store direct competitor owned by Tandy Corporation.
Conga/Novatus, ActionGrid, CRMCulture: Represented Conga, the leading provider of document and report generation solutions for Salesforce customers, in its acquisitions of Novatus, ActionGrid and CRMCulture.
CRGT/Salient/Bridge Growth Partners: Represented private equity firm Bridge Growth Partners, LLC and CRGT, a full life‐cycle IT services provider for the Federal Government, in the merger of CRGT and Salient Federal Solutions, Inc.
Cubera/RigNet/KKR: Represented Cubera in the sale of a significant minority stake in upstream energy communications technology company RigNet, Inc. to funds advised or controlled by global private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P.
E2open/Orchestro: Represented E2open, an Insight Venture Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of Orchestro, the leading provider of demand signal repositories and preemptive analytics for retail and omni-channel fulfillment.
Ekkio Capital/Compagnie des Vacances: Advised Ekkio Capital in the acquisition of a minority stake in Compagnie des Vacances.
Elliott Management/SIGFOX: Advised Elliott Management as part of an investment group in a €150 million round of financing for French start-up SIGFOX, provider of a cellular network dedicated to the Internet of Things. The transaction was cited as the second-largest fundraising in France to date.
Elliott Management/SIGFOX: Advised Elliott Management Corporation as part of an investment group in a $115 million round of financing for French start-up SIGFOX, provider of a cellular network dedicated to the Internet of Things. The transaction was cited as the largest VC financing in France to date.
Entrelec S.A./ SSAC, Inc.: Represented Villeurbanne, France-based Entrelec, provider of connectors, terminal blocks, and protection and monitoring devices for industrial applications, in its acquisition of SSAC, the designer and manufacturer of electronic controls for original equipment manufacturers.
EQT Expansion Capital II/Sportsradar AG: Represented EQT Expansion Capital II in its €44 million investment in Sportradar AG, the leading supplier of sports related live data, odds solutions and fraud detection services.
EQT/Internetstores: Advised EQT on the acquisition of Internetstores AG.
Fidelity National Information Services, Inc./SunGard: Represented Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS) in its agreement to sell SunGard’s Public Sector and Education businesses to Vista Equity Partners for $850 million.
Finalsite/School Website: Represented Finalsite, a Bridge Growth Partners portfolio company, in its acquisition of School Website, the largest SaaS-based CMS software provider to schools in the UK.
FIS/SunGard: Represented FIS, the world’s largest provider of banking and payments technology solutions, in its agreement to acquire SunGard, a leading financial software company, in a deal valued at $9.1 billion.
Folhamatic Group: Represented Folhamatic Group, a leading provider of accounting, tax and payroll, and regulatory content software in Brazil, in its acquisition agreement with UK-based Sage Group plc.
Gemalto/Wavecom: Advised digital security leader Gemalto in unsolicited public tender offer in cash for Wavecom, a leading provider of wireless machine to machine (M2M) technology.
Genstar/Case Interactive Media/Asset International: Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Case Interactive Media/Asset International, a leading provider of data, information and marketing solutions to the global asset management industry.
Genstar Capital/IHS Inc.: Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of the Operational Excellence & Risk Management (OERM) business of IHS.
GFI Group/BGC Partners: Represented GFI Group in its $778 million sale to BGC Partners. GFI Group Inc. is a leading intermediary and provider of trading technologies and support services to the global OTC and listed markets.
GFI Software/TeamViewer: Represented GFI Software in its sale of TeamViewer, a leading global provider of secure remote support software and online meetings, to Permira, one of Europe’s largest private equity funds.
Hudson’s Bay Company/Gilt: Represented Hudson’s Bay Company, owner of Saks Fifth Avenue and other leading department stores, in its $250 million acquisition of leading online shopping destination Gilt.
Insight Venture Partners: Represented this leading private equity and venture capital firm in a number of transactions involving:
- AirWatch: Advised Insight, as lead investor, in the $200 million investment in AirWatch®, the global leader and innovator in mobile device security and Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) technology.
- AirWatch/VMware: Represented investors Insight and Accel Partners in the $1.54 billion sale of AirWatch, a leading provider of enterprise mobile management and security solutions, to VMware, Inc.
- B2B-Center: Advised Insight as lead investor in the consortium investment in B2B-Center, Russia’s leading online procurement platform.
- BlaBlaCar: Represented Insight in connection with a $200 million investment round in BlaBlaCar, the world’s largest long-distance ridesharing community.
- BMC Software: Represented Insight in the successful $6.9 billion consortium acquisition of BMC Software.
- Campaign Monitor: Represented Insight in its $250 million investment in Sydney-based Campaign Monitor, a global leader in SaaS-based email marketing and design solutions.
- Checkmarx: Represented Insight in its $84 million investment in Checkmarx, a leading developer of software solutions used to identify, fix and block security vulnerabilities in web and mobile applications.
- Cherwell Software: Advised Insight in its $25 million minority equity investment into Cherwell Software, a provider of IT service management platform services for business functions.
- Conga: Represented Insight in its $70 million investment in Conga, the developer of the Conga Suite, the most popular set of document generation and reporting applications for Salesforce.
- Datasift: Represented Insight as lead investor in the $42 million investment in Datasift, the platform that powers the social economy.
- Delivery Hero: Represented Insight as lead investor in the $88 million investment in Berlin-based Delivery Hero, an online takeout services company with operations across Europe, Asia, Africa and South America.
- Diligent: Represented Insight in its acquisition of New Zealand-based software company Diligent Corporation, a take-private transaction valued at approximately US$624 million.
- Drilling Info, Inc.: Represented Insight as the lead investor in the acquisition of Drilling, a provider of data intelligence to the oil and gas industries.
- E2open: Represented Insight in its $273 million acquisition of E2open, a leading provider of cloud-based, on-demand software solutions.
- ECi: Represented Insight and its portfolio company ECi Software Solutions, in the sale of ECi to The Carlyle Group.
- Elo7: Represented Insight in its investment in the second institutional round of capital raising for Sao Paulo-based Elo7, the first and largest on-line handicrafts marketplace in Brazil. The investment was earmarked for expansion plans that included accelerating Elo7's marketing initiatives, enhancing its technology platform, recruiting industry expertise, and strengthening its community of artisans.
- Fanatics/Dreams: Represented Insight in its equity financing arrangement with Fanatics Inc. in connection with Fanatics’ acquisition of Dreams Inc.
- Fenergo: Represented Insight in its $75 million investment in Fenergo, a Dublin-based leader in Client Lifecycle Management software solutions for financial institutions.
- FireMon: Represented Insight in its acquisition of FireMon, the top provider of proactive security intelligence solutions.
- Folhamatic Tecnologia Sistemas: Represented Insight in its acquisition of a majority interest in Folhamatic, and later assisted Folhamatic in its acquisition of Brazilian tax and regulatory publisher IOB Informações Objetivas Publicações Jurídicas.
- Fourth: Represented Insight in its deal to acquire UK-based Fourth, the world’s leading provider of cloud-based cost control solutions to the hospitality industry, from ECI Partners.
- HelloFresh: Represented Insight on its investment in HelloFresh, the Berlin and New York City-based meal-kit delivery service.
- HomeToGo: Represented Insight in its investment in HomeToGo, the world’s largest search engine for vacation rentals.
- Hootsuite Media: Advised Insight in its $165 million VC financing for social media company, Hootsuite Media.
- Kaseya: Represented Insight in its significant investment in Kaseya, a leading Switzerland-based global provider of IT Service Management software.
- Kinnser Software: Advised Insight on its $40 million investment in Kinnser, a Web-based software solutions provider (SaaS) for the home health industry.
- Metalogix Software Corp.: Represented Insight affiliates in their acquisition of Metalogix, a leading provider of content lifecycle management solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, Exchange, and legacy enterprise content environments.
- Ministry Brands: Represented Insight in its investment in Ministry Brands, the country's leading SaaS provider for churches, parachurch ministries and other faith-based organizations in the United States.
- New Relic: Advised Insight, as lead investor, and T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc., in the $80 million mezzanine financing for New Relic Inc., the SaaS-based application management provider.
- OpenEnglish: Advised Insight and Redpoint Ventures in a tender offer to buy out shares from previous investors in the online language school OpenEnglish, as part of an initial investment in the company valued at $42.9 million.
- Priceline Group/Hotel Urbano: Advised Insight, Hotel Urbano’s major institutional shareholder, in connection with Hotel Urbano’s strategic relationship with and investment from The Priceline Group. Hotel Urbano is one of Brazil's largest and fastest growing online travel companies. The Priceline Group is the world leader in online travel and related services. In connection with the partnership agreement, The Priceline Group made a $60 million investment in exchange for a minority interest in Hotel Urbano.
- Quest Software: Represented Insight in the $2 billion buyout agreement to take IT management-solutions provider Quest Software private.
- SpotHero: Represented Insight in leading a $20 million investment round in SpotHero, the #1 ranking on-demand parking service.
- SR Labs: Advised Insight as lead investor in $53 million investment in SR Labs.
- SWsoft Holdings, Inc: Represented Insight and Bessemer in their investment in SWsoft Holdings, a Russian software developer.
- Syncsort Incorporated: Represented Insight affiliates in their acquisition of Syncsort, a leading global software company providing high-performance software solutions for data management and data protection, and represented Syncsort in its subsequent acquisition by Clearlake Capital Group.
- Tenable Network Security: Represented Insight in connection with a $250 million funding round for Tenable, one of the largest funding rounds completed for a private security company.
- Thycotic: Represented Insight in its investment in Thycotic, a leader in the IT security solutions space.
- Unitrends: Represented Insight in its significant investment in Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions.
- Also represented Unitrends in the acquisition of PHD Virtual Technologies.
- Vinted: Represented Insight Venture Partners as the lead investor in the $27 million Series B preferred stock investment in Vinted, the social, mobile marketplace for second-hand clothes.
- Virgin Pulse: Represented Insight in its $92 million control investment in Virgin Pulse, a designer of technology that cultivates good lifestyle habits for employees and is part of Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Group.
- WorkForce Software/Workplace: Represented Insight and portfolio company WorkForce Software in WorkForce’s acquisition of Workplace.
- WorkForce Software: Represented Insight in its leveraged acquisition of WorkForce Software, the leading provider ofworkforce management solutions.
Inspired Gaming Group/Hydra Industries Acquisition Corp.: Represented Inspired Gaming Group (as U.S. counsel) in its acquisition by Hydra Industries Acquisition Corp. from funds managed by Vitruvian Partners LLP and co-investors, a transaction reflecting a £200 million valuation of Inspired.
Ion Investment Group Limited/Triple Point Technology Inc: Represented Dublin-based Ion Investment Group Limited, owners of Ion Trading Technologies and Wall Street Systems, in the acquisition of Triple Point Technology Inc.
iParadigms/Insight/CIG/Warburg Pincus: Represented iParadigms, an anti-plagiarism software company, in its $752 million sale to Insight Venture partners and GIC, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, from majority owner Warburg Pincus.
Jagex Limited/Shanghai Hongtou Network Technology Co., Ltd.: Represented Jagex Limited in its acquisition by Shanghai Hongtou Network Technology Co., Ltd.
LOGICnow/SolarWinds: Represented LOGICnow in its acquisition by SolarWinds.
MCSI: Represented the special committee of MCSI, a leading provider of investment decision support tools to over 5,000 clients worldwide.
Metalogix/Permira Funds: Represented management software company Metalogix in its acquisition by Permira Funds.
Moore Frères & Company/Opera TV: Represented Moore Frères & Company in its acquisition of Opera TV, the global leader in enabling the TV and media industry's transition to over-the-top (OTT) content.
New Breed/XPO Logistics: Represented New Breed Holding Company, the preeminent U.S. provider of non-asset based, complex, technology-enabled contract logistics for corporate clients, in its $615 million acquisition by XPO Logistics, Inc.
PayScale/MarketPay: Represented PayScale, a Warburg Pincus portfolio company, in its merger with MarketPay.
peakwork AG/TUI Ventures: Represented peakwork AG and its shareholders in an investment by TUI Ventures.
Private Equity Funds/Despegar.com, Inc.: Represented two private equity funds in their investments in Argentina-based Despegar.com, an online travel service with operations in North and South America.
Seaport Capital/Net Access: Represented Seaport Capital in its leveraged buyout of Net Access, an owner of data centers in New Jersey, as well as its subsequent sale of Net Access to Cologix.
Shutterstock Inc./Rex Features/PremiumBeat: Represented Shutterstock, Inc. in two transactions announced the same day, the agreement to acquire Rex Features, the largest independently owned photographic press agency in Europe, and the agreement to acquire PremiumBeat, a leading provider of exclusive, high-quality music and sound effects for use in videos, films, television, apps, games, and other creative projects.
Soros’s Ukrainian Redevelopment Fund/Ciklum: Represented Soros’s Ukrainian Redevelopment Fund in its acquisition of a significant equity stake in Ciklum, a leading global IT service provider with operations in the Ukraine and throughout Europe and Asia.
SR Labs/Wombat: Represented SR Labs, a leading provider of low latency market data and market access solutions for the financial industry, in its acquisition of Wombat, the developer of SuperFeed™, forming a comprehensive market data solution for global financial institutions.
symplr/The CapStreet Group: Represented leading SaaS provider symplr, a portfolio company of The CapStreet Group, in its recapitalization led by Pamlico Capital and existing investors.
TA Associates/Onlineprinters: Represented TA Associates on its investment in Onlineprinters GmbH.
Take-Two Interactive/Icahn Group: Advised Take-Two Interactive in its repurchase of 12.02 million shares from Icahn Group.
Take-Two Interactive Software Inc./THQ: Represented Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in its agreement to take over development and production of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. video games from bankrupt THQ Inc. Also represented Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. in its acquisitions of the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. video game franchise and “Evolve” (working title) video game title from THQ Inc. pursuant to a Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code auction and sale.
Thales Communication, Inc./Visionix: Represented Thales Communication, Inc. in its acquisition of the Helmut Mounted Display and motion tracking businesses of Gentex Corporation (combined group known as “Visionix”).
Time Warner/CME: Represented U.S. media group Time Warner Inc. in its investments in Central European Media Enterprises, a media and entertainment company operating leading businesses in six Central and Eastern European markets, including:
- its $542 million refinancing deal with CME.
- $165 million investment in CME.
Unitrends/PHD Virtual Technologies: Represented Unitrends in the acquisition of virtual backup and disaster recovery assurance solution provider PHD Virtual Technologies.
Wallapop/letgo: Represented Wallapop in its merger with letgo, combining the U.S. operations of two leading mobile classifieds start-ups.
Warburg Pincus: Represented the private equity firm in a number of its investment-related transactions in the technology industry, including:
- Avalara: Represented Warburg in its $100 million investment in Avalara, Inc., a leading provider of cloud-based software for sales tax and other transactional tax compliance.
- Dude Solutions: Represented Warburg in its $100 million investment in Dude Solutions.
- GlobalSpec, Inc./IHS: Advised Warburg portfolio company Global Spec in the purchase of IHS, Inc., a provider of information, decision-support tools and related services, for $135 million.
- Martquest: Represented Warburg in its investments in Martquest, an application service provider.
- Spigit: Represented Warburg in a $15.2 million Series E financing for Spigit, the leader in social innovation software and services.