Aquiline Capital Partners:
Advised Aquiline Capital Partners, a private equity firm investing exclusively in the financial services sector, in the following transactions:
- AssetMark, Inc.: Advised AssetMark in its purchase by Huatai Securities from Aquiline Capital Partners and Genstar Capital.
- Ascensus: Advised Aquiline, along with Genstar Capital, in their acquisition of Ascensus, the country’s largest independent service provider of retirement and college savings plans.
- CSI Leasing: Advised Aquiline in its non-controlling investment in St. Louis-based equipment leasing company CSI Leasing.
- Fenergo: Advised Aquiline in an investment in Fenergo, the leading provider of client lifecycle management software solutions for investment banks, capital market firms and private banks.
- First Investors Financial Services: Represented Aquiline in the $100 million acquisition of auto lender First Investors Financial Services Group, Inc.
- LenderLive: Represented Aquiline in its acquisition of mortgage services provider LenderLive Holdings, Inc.
- OmegaFi: Represented Aquiline in its investment in OmegaFi, the leading provider of financial, membership management, and fundraising software and support solutions for college fraternities and sororities across the United States.
- Simply Business: Advised Aquiline Capital Partners in its agreement to acquire Simply Business, the U.K.’s biggest business insurance provider.
- Wellington Insurance Group: Represented Aquiline in its majority investment in Wellington Insurance Group, an insurance risk distribution and financial services organization.
Asset International/Market Metrics, Matrix Solutions: Represented Genstar Capital portfolio company Asset International in its acquisition of Market Metrics and Matrix Solutions from FactSet.
Cortview Capital Securities/Pierpont Securities: Represented broker-dealer Cortview Capital Securities LLC in its merger with Pierpont Securities LLC.
Cowen Group, Inc.: Represented Cowen, a leading diversified financial services firm, in its acquisitions related transactions with the following companies:
- Algorithmic Trading Management, LLC (ATM): Advised Cowen, a leading diversified financial services firm, on its definitive agreement to acquire ATM, a provider of global, multiasset class algorithmic electronic execution trading models.
- Concept Capital Markets, LLC: Represented Cowen in its agreement to acquire Concept Capital Markets, LLC, a leading independent provider of prime brokerage services.
- Conifer Securities: Represented Cowen in its agreement to acquire Conifer Securities, LLC, the prime services division of Conifer Financial Services LLC.
- Dahlman Rose & Co. LLC: Represented Cowen in an all-stock acquisition of Dahlman Rose & Co. LLC, a privately held investment bank specializing in the energy, metals and mining, transportation, chemicals and agriculture sectors.
- LaBranche & Co, Inc.: Advised Cowen on its approximately $192.8 million stock-for-stock merger transaction to acquire LaBranche, a market-maker in options, exchange-traded funds and futures on various domestic and international exchanges.
Ekkio Capital/Risk&Co: Advised Ekkio Capital in the sale of French risk consulting firm Risk&CO to Latour Capital.
FIS/SunGard: Represented FIS, the world’s largest provider of banking and payments technology solutions, in its agreement to acquire SunGard, a leading financial software company, in a deal valued at $9.1 billion.
FSV Payment Systems: Represented FSV Payment Systems, a prepaid card processing company, in the closing of its sale to U.S. Bank, the fifth largest U.S. commercial bank.
Genstar/Case Interactive Media/Asset International: Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Case Interactive Media/Asset International, a leading provider of data, information and marketing solutions to the global asset management industry.
GFI Group: Advised GFI Group in its asset acquisition from Phoenix Partners Group. GFI Group is a leading provider of wholesale brokerage services, clearing services, electronic execution and trading support products for global financial markets.
GFI Group/BGC Partners: Represented GFI Group, a leading intermediary and provider of trading technologies and support services to the global OTC and listed markets, in its $778 million sale to BGC Partners.
Green Tree Servicing LLC: Represented Green Tree, one of the nation's largest third-party home loan servicers, in its $1.07 billion sale to Walter Investment Management Corp.
Jefferson National Financial Corp./Citi Capital Advisors Affiliate: Advised Dallas-based Jefferson National Financial on its $60 million cash acquisition by an investor group led by Citi Capital Advisors affiliate JNF Investors LLC.
King Street Capital Management LP/China Investment Company (CIC): Advised King Street on the acquisition of Lehman Brothers receivables held by the CIC, China's sovereign wealth fund.
LenderLive/Walz Group: Represented mortgage services provider LenderLive Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Aquiline Capital Partners LLC, in its acquisition of Walz Group LLC, a leading provider of regulatory compliance solutions, full-cycle critical document fulfillment and Certified Mail Automation.
Macquarie Capital/American Express: Represented Macquarie Capital as part of an investor group in the $900 million investment into the joint venture for American Express’ Global Business Travel division, in exchange for 50% ownership.
M&F Worldwide Corp. (MFW)/MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc.: Represented the special committee of MFW in connection with MFW’s $483 million merger with MacAndrews & Forbes. The deal called for MFW, a holding company that owns Harland Clarke, Harland Financial Solutions, Scantron and Mafco Worldwide, to be merged with a subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes.
Morgan Stanley, Saxon Mortgage Services, Inc./Ocwen Financial Corporation: Advised Morgan Stanley, the sixth-largest US bank by assets, on the sale of its mortgage-servicing arm Saxon to Ocwen Financial, the largest subprime mortgage servicer in the United States.
Natixis/City of Marseille: Advised on the implementation of the City of Marseille’s €700 million EMTN program. The firm represented Natixis (as arranger and placement agent), Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank, HSBC France, Nomura and Société Génerale in the transaction.
OppenheimerFunds/VTL Associates: OppenheimerFunds in its acquisition of VTL Associates, which manages $1.7 billion for investors across eight exchange traded funds (ETFs) and its separate accounts.
Premier American: Represented Premier American and its parent-bank holding company, Bond Street Holdings, Inc., in connection with their organization, capital raising, general regulatory matters and eight failed-bank acquisitions from the FDIC since January 2010, including:
- A unique linked transaction consisting of (1) First National Bank of Central Florida, Winter Park, Florida and (2) Cortez Community Bank, Brooksville, Florida, on April 29, 2011, and Coastal Bank, Cocoa Beach, Florida in May 2011.
- First Peoples Bank, Port St. Lucie, Florida.
- Sunshine State Community Bank, Port Orange, Florida.
Royal Bank of Scotland/Banco Santander SA: Represented Royal Bank of Scotland in the acquisition of Santander’s credit card business.
Securitas Capital/Nascent Group: Counseled Securitas, the private equity fund sponsored by Swiss Re, on its investments in Nascent Group, a financial services group operating in Italy, Ireland and Luxembourg.
Swiss Re/Compañía Aseguradora de Fianzas S.A. Confianza: Represented Swiss Re Corporate Solutions in its acquisition of a majority stake in Compañía Aseguradora de Fianzas S.A. Confianza.
Warburg Pincus: Advised leadingprivate equity firm Warburg Pincus in investments in financial services sector entities, including:
- Ion Investment Group Limited/Triple Point Technology Inc.: Represented Dublin-based Ion Investment Group Limited, owners of Ion Trading Technologies and Wall Street Systems, in the acquisition of software company Triple Point Technology Inc.
- Wall Street Systems: Advised Warburg in its investment in Wall Street Systems (WSS), a treasury and capital-market transaction-processing vendor. Subsequently represented Warburg and portfolio company WSS in WSS's sale to ION Trading, a leading provider of high-performance trading infrastructure and automation solutions for capital markets.
Zurich Financial Services Group/Banco Santander: Represented the Switzerland-based global insurance and financial services company in its $1.67 billion deal to acquire a 51 percent stake in the Central and South American insurance operations of Madrid-based Banco Santander SA.