Allied World/ Fairfax Financial: Represented Allied World in its agreement to be acquired by Fairfax Financial for $4.9 billion in cash and stock.
Aquiline Capital Partners: Advised Aquiline Capital Partners, a private equity firm investing exclusively in the financial services sector, in the following transactions:
- CSI Leasing: Advised Aquiline in its non-controlling investment in St. Louis-based equipment leasing company CSI Leasing.
- Fenergo: Advised Aquiline in an investment in Fenergo, the leading provider of client lifecycle management software solutions for investment banks, capital market firms and private banks.
- First Investors Financial Services: Represented Aquiline in the $100 million acquisition of auto lender First Investors Financial Services Group, Inc.
- LenderLive: Represented Aquiline in its acquisition of mortgage services provider LenderLive Holdings, Inc.
- OmegaFi: Represented Aquiline in its investment in OmegaFi, the leading provider of financial, membership management, and fundraising software and support solutions for college fraternities and sororities across the United States.
- Simply Business: Advised Aquiline in its agreement to acquire Simply Business, the UK’s biggest business insurance provider, and in its subsequent sale of Simply Business to Travelers.
- Wellington Insurance Group: Represented Aquiline in its majority investment in Wellington Insurance Group, an insurance risk distribution and financial services organization.
Asset International/Market Metrics, Matrix Solutions: Represented Genstar Capital portfolio company Asset International in its acquisition of Market Metrics and Matrix Solutions from FactSet.
AssetMark, Inc./Huatai Securities: Advised AssetMark in its purchase by Huatai Securities from Aquiline Capital Partners and Genstar Capital.
BISAM/Aquiline Capital Partners/FactSet: Advised BISAM Technologies S.A. and the sellers, led by Aquiline Capital Partners, in their agreement to sell BISAM to FactSet for $205.2 million.
Cortview Capital Securities/Pierpont Securities: Represented broker-dealer Cortview Capital Securities LLC in its merger with Pierpont Securities LLC.
Cowen Group, Inc./Algorithmic Trading Management, LLC (ATM): Represented Cowen on its definitive agreement to acquire ATM, a provider of global, multiasset class algorithmic electronic execution trading models.
Ekkio Capital/Risk&Co: Advised Ekkio Capital in the sale of French risk consulting firm Risk&CO to Latour Capital.
Fidelity National Information Services, Inc./SunGard: Represented Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS) in its agreement to sell SunGard’s Public Sector and Education businesses to Vista Equity Partners for $850 million.
FIS/SunGard: Represented FIS, the world’s largest provider of banking and payments technology solutions, in its agreement to acquire SunGard, a leading financial software company, in a deal valued at $9.1 billion.
FSV Payment Systems: Represented FSV Payment Systems, a prepaid card processing company, in the closing of its sale to U.S. Bank, the fifth largest U.S. commercial bank.
Genstar/Case Interactive Media/Asset International: Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Case Interactive Media/Asset International, a leading provider of data, information and marketing solutions to the global asset management industry.
GFI Group/BGC Partners: Represented GFI Group, a leading intermediary and provider of trading technologies and support services to the global OTC and listed markets, in its $778 million sale to BGC Partners.
GFI Group/Phoenix Partners Group: Advised GFI Group, a leading intermediary and provider of trading technologies and support services to the global OTC and listed markets, in its asset acquisition from Phoenix Partners Group.
LenderLive/Walz Group: Represented mortgage services provider LenderLive Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Aquiline Capital Partners, in its acquisition of Walz Group LLC, a leading provider of regulatory compliance solutions, full-cycle critical document fulfillment and Certified Mail Automation.
Macquarie Capital/American Express: Represented Macquarie Capital as part of an investor group in the $900 million investment into the joint venture for American Express’ Global Business Travel division, in exchange for 50% ownership.
Natixis/City of Marseille: Advised on the implementation of the City of Marseille’s €700 million EMTN program. The firm represented Natixis (as arranger and placement agent), Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank, HSBC France, Nomura and Société Génerale in the transaction.
OppenheimerFunds/VTL Associates: OppenheimerFunds in its acquisition of VTL Associates, which manages $1.7 billion for investors across eight exchange traded funds (ETFs) and its separate accounts.
Royal Bank of Scotland/Banco Santander SA: Represented Royal Bank of Scotland in the acquisition of Santander’s credit card business.
Securitas Capital/Nascent Group: Counseled Securitas, the private equity fund sponsored by Swiss Re, on its investments in Nascent Group, a financial services group operating in Italy, Ireland and Luxembourg.
SoftBank Group/Fortress Investment Group: Represented Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to Fortress Investment Group in its $3.3 billion acquisition by SoftBank Group.
SourceHOV Holdings, Inc./Novitex Holdings, Inc./Quinpario Acquisition Corp.: Represented SourceHOV in its $2.8 billion merger agreement with Novitex and Quinpario to form Exela Technologies.
Swiss Re/Compañía Aseguradora de Fianzas S.A. Confianza: Represented Swiss Re Corporate Solutions in its acquisition of a majority stake in Compañía Aseguradora de Fianzas S.A. Confianza.
Virtus Investment Partners/RidgeWorth Investments: Represented Virtus Investment Partners in its agreement to acquire RidgeWorth Investments, a multi-boutique asset management firm.
Warburg Pincus: Advised leadingprivate equity firm Warburg Pincus in investments in financial services sector entities, including:
- Ion Investment Group Limited/Triple Point Technology Inc.: Represented Dublin-based Ion Investment Group Limited, owners of Ion Trading Technologies and Wall Street Systems, in the acquisition of software company Triple Point Technology Inc.
- Wall Street Systems: Advised Warburg in its investment in Wall Street Systems (WSS), a treasury and capital-market transaction-processing vendor. Subsequently represented Warburg and portfolio company WSS in WSS's sale to ION Trading, a leading provider of high-performance trading infrastructure and automation solutions for capital markets.