Aegon/Wilton Re: Represented Aegon in its deal to sell its two largest U.S. run-off businesses, pursuant to which Aegon's Transamerica life subsidiaries will reinsure $14 billion of liabilities to affiliates of Wilton Re US Holding Inc.
Allied World/ Fairfax Financial: Represented Allied World in its agreement to be acquired by Fairfax Financial for $4.9 billion in cash and stock.
Aquiline Capital Partners: Advised Aquiline Capital Partners, a private equity firm investing exclusively in the financial services sector, in the following transactions:
- CSI Leasing: Advised Aquiline in its non-controlling investment in St. Louis-based equipment leasing company CSI Leasing.
- Fenergo: Advised Aquiline in an investment in Fenergo, the leading provider of client lifecycle management software solutions for investment banks, capital market firms and private banks.
- First Investors Financial Services: Represented Aquiline in the $100 million acquisition of auto lender First Investors Financial Services Group, Inc.
- LenderLive: Represented Aquiline in its acquisition of mortgage services provider LenderLive Holdings, Inc.
- OmegaFi: Represented Aquiline in its investment in OmegaFi, the leading provider of financial, membership management, and fundraising software and support solutions for college fraternities and sororities across the United States.
- OSG Billing Services: Represented Aquiline in its acquisition of OSG Billing Services to create an omni-channel customer communications hub.
- Simply Business: Advised Simply Business and its shareholders (including Aquiline Capital Partners) in its agreement to acquire Simply Business, the UK’s biggest business insurance provider, and in its subsequent sale of Simply Business to Travelers.
- Wellington Insurance Group: Represented Aquiline in its majority investment in Wellington Insurance Group, an insurance risk distribution and financial services organization.
Asset International/Market Metrics, Matrix Solutions: Represented Genstar Capital portfolio company Asset International in its acquisition of Market Metrics and Matrix Solutions from FactSet.
AssetMark, Inc./Huatai Securities: Advised AssetMark in its purchase by Huatai Securities from Aquiline Capital Partners and Genstar Capital, which was named “M&A Deal of the Year” at the 2017 IFLR Americas Awards.
BISAM/Aquiline Capital Partners/FactSet: Advised BISAM Technologies S.A. and the sellers, led by Aquiline Capital Partners, in the sale of BISAM to FactSet for $205.2 million.
Cortview Capital Securities/Pierpont Securities: Represented broker-dealer Cortview Capital Securities LLC in its merger with Pierpont Securities LLC.
Cowen Group, Inc./Algorithmic Trading Management, LLC (ATM): Represented Cowen on its definitive agreement to acquire ATM, a provider of global, multiasset class algorithmic electronic execution trading models.
Cowen Group, Inc./CEFC China: Represented Cowen in the $100 million equity investment (and $175 million debt financing) by CEFC China, the largest private company in Shanghai.
Cowen Group, Inc./Convergex: Represented Cowen in its agreement to acquire Convergex, a leading agency-focused global brokerage and trading related services provider, from private equity firm GTCR, Bank of New York Mellon and other equity holders for $116 million in cash and stock.
Ekkio Capital/Risk&Co: Represented Ekkio Capital in the sale of French risk consulting firm Risk&CO to Latour Capital.
Fidelity National Information Services, Inc./SunGard: Represented Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS) in its agreement to sell SunGard’s Public Sector and Education businesses to Vista Equity Partners for $850 million.
FIS/Capco/CD&R: Represented FIS, a global leader in financial services technology, in its $477 million sale of a majority stake in Capco, its management consulting business, to private investment firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
FIS/SunGard: Represented FIS, the world’s largest provider of banking and payments technology solutions, in its agreement to acquire SunGard, a leading financial software company, in a deal valued at $9.1 billion.
FSV Payment Systems: Represented FSV Payment Systems, a prepaid card processing company, in the closing of its sale to U.S. Bank, the fifth largest U.S. commercial bank.
Genstar/Case Interactive Media/Asset International: Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Case Interactive Media/Asset International, a leading provider of data, information and marketing solutions to the global asset management industry.
Genstar Capital/Apex: Represented Genstar Capital in its agreement to recapitalize independent fund administrator Apex Fund Services.
Genstar Capital/Equinoxe: Represented Genstar Capital in its agreement to acquire Equinoxe Alternative Investment Services.
GFI Group/BGC Partners: Represented GFI Group, a leading intermediary and provider of trading technologies and support services to the global OTC and listed markets, in its $778 million sale to BGC Partners.
GFI Group/Phoenix Partners Group: Advised GFI Group, a leading intermediary and provider of trading technologies and support services to the global OTC and listed markets, in its asset acquisition from Phoenix Partners Group.
LenderLive/Walz Group: Represented mortgage services provider LenderLive Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Aquiline Capital Partners, in its acquisition of Walz Group LLC, a leading provider of regulatory compliance solutions, full-cycle critical document fulfillment and Certified Mail Automation.
Macquarie Capital/American Express: Represented Macquarie Capital as part of an investor group in the $900 million investment into the joint venture for American Express’ Global Business Travel division, in exchange for 50% ownership.
Natixis/City of Marseille: Advised on the implementation of the City of Marseille’s €700 million EMTN program. The firm represented Natixis (as arranger and placement agent), Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank, HSBC France, Nomura and Société Génerale in the transaction.
OppenheimerFunds/VTL Associates: OppenheimerFunds in its acquisition of VTL Associates, which manages $1.7 billion for investors across eight exchange traded funds (ETFs) and its separate accounts.
Royal Bank of Scotland/Banco Santander SA: Represented Royal Bank of Scotland in the acquisition of Santander’s credit card business.
Securitas Capital/Nascent Group: Counseled Securitas, the private equity fund sponsored by Swiss Re, on its investments in Nascent Group, a financial services group operating in Italy, Ireland and Luxembourg.
SoftBank Group/Fortress Investment Group: Represented Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to Fortress Investment Group in its $3.3 billion acquisition by SoftBank Group.
SourceHOV Holdings, Inc./Novitex Holdings, Inc./Quinpario Acquisition Corp.: Represented SourceHOV in its $2.8 billion merger agreement with Novitex and Quinpario to form Exela Technologies.
Swiss Re/Compañía Aseguradora de Fianzas S.A. Confianza: Represented Swiss Re Corporate Solutions in its acquisition of a majority stake in Compañía Aseguradora de Fianzas S.A. Confianza.
Virtus Investment Partners/RidgeWorth Investments: Represented Virtus Investment Partners in its agreement to acquire RidgeWorth Investments, a multi-boutique asset management firm.
Warburg Pincus: Advised leadingprivate equity firm Warburg Pincus in investments in financial services sector entities, including:
- Ion Investment Group Limited/Triple Point Technology Inc.: Represented Dublin-based Ion Investment Group Limited, owners of Ion Trading Technologies and Wall Street Systems, in the acquisition of software company Triple Point Technology Inc.
- Wall Street Systems: Advised Warburg in its investment in Wall Street Systems (WSS), a treasury and capital-market transaction-processing vendor. Subsequently represented Warburg and portfolio company WSS in WSS's sale to ION Trading, a leading provider of high-performance trading infrastructure and automation solutions for capital markets.