Acciona Energía Internacional S.A.: Represented Acciona Energía Internacional S.A., one of Spain's leaders in renewable energy, water and services and infrastructure development, in its €157 million sale of its German wind park portfolio to Swiss energy company Swisspower Renewables AG.
Apex Energy: Advised management of Apex Energy, LLC in the formation of a strategic partnership with Apollo Global Management to invest in oil and gas properties in the Appalachian Basin.
Bloomberg L.P.: Advised Bloomberg L.P. in the development of The Bloomberg – JFK Airport Park Solar Project, a state-of-the-art solar project that will enable Bloomberg's global headquarters in midtown Manhattan and its downtown data center to partially convert to clean solar energy.
Calvert Street Capital Partners/Castronics, Permian: Served as counsel to Calvert Street Capital Partners, as equity sponsor, and its acquisition vehicles with the acquisition financing for the acquisition of Castronics, LLC by IOS Acquisitions, Inc. and for an incremental financing for an acquisition of Permian.
Carnelian Energy Capital LP/Percussion Petroleum LLC: Represented Carnelian Energy Capital LP in its capital commitment to Percussion Petroleum LLC, an independent oil and natural gas company based in Houston.
Cartesian Capital Group/Westport Innovations: Represented Cartesian Capital Group LLC in its investment in Westport Innovations Inc., a Canadian company engineering the world's most advanced natural gas engines and vehicles.
Celsia SA/GDF Suez: Represented Celsia SA, Colombia’s fourth-largest power producer, in its $840 million acquisition of stakes in seven power plants in Panama and Costa Rica from GDF Suez.
Cubera/RigNet/KKR: Represented Cubera in the sale of a significant minority stake in upstream energy technology company RigNet, Inc. to funds advised or controlled by global private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P.
Global Energy Capital: Serve as fund counsel to Global Energy Capital, a global energy services fund headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Highbridge Capital Management/Louis Dreyfus Highbridge Energy LLC: Advised Highbridge Capital Management’s multi-strategy fund in the sale to two investor groups of the fund’s equity interests in Louis Dreyfus Highbridge Energy, LLC, a joint venture formed by the Louis Dreyfus Group and Highbridge Capital Management’s multi-strategy fund in December 2006.
Irving Place Capital: Represented Irving Place Capital in the restructuring of its oil and gas partnership with NGP.
Juniper Capital/ BoomTown Oil: Represented Juniper Capital in its strategic partnership with BoomTown Oil with respect to Eagle Ford Shale upstream oil and gas projects.
Juniper Capital: Represented Juniper in multiple oil and gas transactions and portfolio company investments, including equity-line management team arrangements, cash and carry asset-level joint ventures and oil and gas acquisitions. Represented Juniper portfolio companies in a variety of oil and gas transactions.
Lime Rock Partners: Represented Lime Rock in the following matters:
- E&P Companies: Represented Lime Rock in various E&P and coal “equity line” arrangements with management teams.
- Funds IV and V: Served as fund counsel to Lime Rock’s two most recent funds.
- SDI Gas: Represented Lime Rock in its LBO of SDI Gas, a Pennsylvania-based oilfield service company operating in the Marcellus and Utica Shales.
- UTEC: Represented Lime Rock in its LBO of UTEC, a Houston/Aberdeen-based subsea equipment manufacturer.
Maritime Finance Company/KKR: Represented Maritime Finance Co., a specialty finance company created to lend to the maritime industry, and its founders, Kristan Bodden and Gabriel Tolchinsky, in the company’s $580 million capitalization by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. and MerchCap Solutions LLC.
Millennial Energy Partners: Serve as fund counsel and represented MEP in all of its oil and gas A&D transactions and joint ventures, including acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures in the STACK play.
OppenheimerFunds/SteelPath: Advised OppenheimerFunds, Inc., one of the nation's largest investment management companies, in an agreement to acquire SteelPath Capital Management LLC and SteelPath Fund Advisors LLC, collectively SteelPath, a leading energy infrastructure investment company focused on the Master Limited Partnership sector.
Quantum Energy Partners: Represented Quantum Energy Partners in the following matters:
- Gulf Coast Energy Resources: Represented Quantum as a co-investor with Warburg Pincus in the formation of Gulf Coast Energy Resources.
- Legion II: Represented Quantum in various structuring aspects of Legion II, a Quantum portfolio company.
Rexel/Société Commerciale Toutelectric (SCT): Advised Rexel, a global leader in the distribution of electrical supplies, on the competition aspects of its acquisition of the assets of rival SCT, an electrical supplies distributor operating in the southwest of France.
Riverstone Holdings LLC: Represented energy and power-focused private equity firm Riverstone Holdings in the following matters:
- EP Energy Corporation: Advised Riverstone on its equity consortium arrangements as part of an Apollo Global Management-led consortium’s $7.15 billion leveraged buyout of EP Energy. This deal was named “Private Equity Deal of the Year” at the 2013 IFLR Americas Awards.
- Legend Production Holdings: Represented Riverstone in the combination of Legend Production Holdings with KKR’s Premier Natural Resources. The combined company is now called Trinity River.
- Liberty Resources I and II; Liberty Oilfield Services: Represented Riverstone in the formation of its Denver-based oil and gas portfolio company Liberty, headed by Chris Wright, and “re-up” of management in Liberty II. Represented Riverstone in the formation, initial capitalization and structuring of Liberty Oilfield Services, an energy services company focused on providing fracking services and solutions. Advised Liberty I in its definitive agreement to sell oil and gas property in the Bakken to Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. for $660 million. Represented Liberty II in its $455 million acquisition of oil and gas assets in North Dakota's Williston Basin. Represented Liberty Oilfield Services in its acquisition of the U.S. fracturing, coiled tubing and cementing assets of Sanjel Corporation.
- Proserv Group: Represent Riverstone in its recent acquisition of Proserv Group Inc., a global engineered products and services business focused on the offshore and subsea markets, from private equity firm Intervale Capital. Advised Proserv in its acquisition of Nautronix.
- Rover Petroleum: Represented Riverstone in its up to $250 million equity commitment to Rover Petroleum, a newly formed, Dallas-based oil and gas company. Represented Rover Petroleum in a number oil and gas acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Vantage Energy/Rice Energy: Represented Riverstone Holdings LLC, one of the major investors in Vantage Energy, in the sale of Vantage Energy I and II to Rice Energy, Inc. for approximately $2.7 billion.
Sage Midstream Ventures/Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners: Represented Sage Midstream Ventures in its equity commitment of up to $500 million from Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners.
SpringBok Energy/NGP: Represented Dallas-based Springbok Energy Partners, LLC in its joint venture with Natural Gas Partners (NGP) to pursue investments in mineral and royalty interests.
Technip/Air Liquide Global E&C Solutions Germany: Represented global energy industry project management, engineering and construction company Technip in its acquisition of Zimmer polymer technology business from Air Liquide Global E&C Solutions Germany.
The CapStreet Group, LLC/T.F. Hudgins Holdings, LLC/Allied Reliability Group Holdings, LLC: Represented The CapStreet Group in the combination of portfolio company T.F. Hudgins Holdings and Allied Reliability Group Holdings.
Third Point/Exco Resources: Represented Third Point with its PIPEs investment in Exco Resources.
United Maritime Group, LLC/Oiltanking Holding Americas, Inc.: Represented United Maritime Group, an integrated transportation company focused on serving the U.S. and export coal and petroleum coke markets, in the sale of U.S. United Bulk Terminal, LLC.
Warburg Pincus: Represented longtime client Warburg Pincus in the following energy-related co-investments:
- Endurance Energy: Represented Warburg in its C$150 million investment in Canadian oil and gas explorer Endurance Energy Ltd., giving Warburg a majority stake in the company.
- Velvet Energy: Represented Warburg in its co-investments in oil and gas exploration and production company Velvet Energy.
Westport/Fuel Systems Solutions: Represented Westport in its merger with Fuel Systems Solutions to create a premier alternative fuel vehicle and engine company.
Yildirim Group: Represented Yildirim Group in several transactions in Latin America including the acquisition of coal-mining assets in Colombia from CCX Carvao da Colombia SA (a unit of Eike Batista).