Acciona Energía Internacional S.A.: Represented Acciona Energía Internacional S.A., one of Spain's leaders in renewable energy, water and services and infrastructure development, in its €157 million sale of its German wind park portfolio to Swiss energy company Swisspower Renewables AG.
Apex Energy: Advised management of Apex Energy, LLC in the formation of a strategic partnership with Apollo Global Management to invest in oil and gas properties in the Appalachian Basin.
Bayou City Energy: Represented Bayou City Energy in a DrillCo transaction between its affiliate, BCE Roadrunner LLC, and Chaparral Energy, L.L.C. to jointly develop Chaparral’s STACK acreage in Canadian and Garfield Counties, Oklahoma.
Bloomberg L.P.: Advised Bloomberg L.P. in the development of The Bloomberg – JFK Airport Park Solar Project, a state-of-the-art solar project that will enable Bloomberg's global headquarters in midtown Manhattan and its downtown data center to partially convert to clean solar energy.
Brookfield/Westinghouse: Represented Brookfield Business Partners in its acquisition of Westinghouse Electric Company, a market-leading nuclear power service, for approximately $4.6 billion.
Carnelian Energy Capital LP/Percussion Petroleum LLC: Represented Carnelian Energy Capital LP in its capital commitment to Percussion Petroleum LLC, an independent oil and natural gas company based in Houston.
Cartesian Capital Group/Westport Innovations: Represented Cartesian Capital Group LLC in its investment in Westport Innovations Inc., a Canadian company engineering the world's most advanced natural gas engines and vehicles.
Celsia SA/GDF Suez: Represented Celsia SA, Colombia’s fourth-largest power producer, in its $840 million acquisition of stakes in seven power plants in Panama and Costa Rica from GDF Suez.
Cubera/RigNet/KKR: Represented Cubera in the sale of a significant minority stake in upstream energy technology company RigNet, Inc. to funds advised or controlled by global private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P.
Freedom Oil & Gas/Ramus Capital: Represented Ramas Capital Management, LLC in the formation of Ramas Energy Capital I, L.P. and the consummation of its initial investment in Freedom Oil & Gas Ltd.
Global Energy Capital: Serve as fund counsel to Global Energy Capital, a global energy services fund headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Irving Place Capital: Represented Irving Place Capital in the restructuring of its oil and gas partnership with NGP.
Juniper Capital/BoomTown Oil: Represented Juniper Capital in its strategic partnership with BoomTown Oil with respect to Eagle Ford Shale upstream oil and gas projects.
Juniper Capital: Represented Juniper in multiple oil and gas transactions and portfolio company investments, including equity-line management team arrangements, cash and carry asset-level joint ventures and oil and gas acquisitions. Represented Juniper portfolio companies in a variety of oil and gas transactions.
Kalnin Ventures/Warren Resources: Represented Kalnin Ventures LLC in the $105 million acquisition of Marcellus Shale assets from Warren Resources in northeastern Pennsylvania’s Wyoming County.
Lime Rock Partners: Represented Lime Rock in the following matters:
- E&P Companies: Represented Lime Rock in various E&P and coal “equity line” arrangements with management teams.
- Funds IV and V: Served as fund counsel to Lime Rock’s two most recent funds.
- SDI Gas: Represented Lime Rock in its LBO of SDI Gas, a Pennsylvania-based oilfield service company operating in the Marcellus and Utica Shales.
- UTEC: Represented Lime Rock in its LBO of UTEC, a Houston/Aberdeen-based subsea equipment manufacturer.
Maritime Finance Company/KKR: Represented Maritime Finance Co., a specialty finance company created to lend to the maritime industry, and its founders, Kristan Bodden and Gabriel Tolchinsky, in the company’s $580 million capitalization by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. and MerchCap Solutions LLC.
Millennial Energy Partners: Serve as fund counsel and represented MEP in all of its oil and gas A&D transactions and joint ventures, including acquisitions, joint ventures and divestitures in the STACK play.
Quantum Energy Partners: Represented Quantum Energy Partners in the following matters:
- Gulf Coast Energy Resources: Represented Quantum as a co-investor with Warburg Pincus in the formation of Gulf Coast Energy Resources.
- Legion II: Represented Quantum in various structuring aspects of Legion II, a Quantum portfolio company.
Riverstone Holdings LLC: Represented energy and power-focused private equity firm Riverstone Holdings in the following matters:
- Legend Production Holdings: Represented Riverstone in the combination of Legend Production Holdings with KKR’s Premier Natural Resources. The combined company is now called Trinity River.
- Liberty Resources I and II; Liberty Oilfield Services: Represented Riverstone in the formation of its Denver-based oil and gas portfolio companies Liberty Resources and Liberty Oilfield Services.
- Advised Liberty Resources, headed by Chris Wright, in the “re-up” of management in Liberty Resources II.
- Advised Liberty Resources I in its definitive agreement to sell oil and gas property in the Bakken to Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. for $660 million.
- Represented Liberty Resources II in its $455 million acquisition of oil and gas assets in North Dakota's Williston Basin.
- Represented Liberty Oilfield Services in its acquisition of the U.S. fracturing, coiled tubing and cementing assets of Sanjel Corporation.
- Proserv Group: Represent Riverstone in its recent acquisition of Proserv Group Inc., a global engineered products and services business focused on the offshore and subsea markets, from private equity firm Intervale Capital. Advised Proserv in its acquisition of Nautronix.
- Rover Petroleum: Represented Riverstone in its up to $250 million equity commitment to Rover Petroleum, a newly formed, Dallas-based oil and gas company. Represented Rover Petroleum in a number oil and gas acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Vantage Energy/Rice Energy: Represented Riverstone Holdings LLC, one of the major investors in Vantage Energy, in the sale of Vantage Energy I and II to Rice Energy, Inc. for approximately $2.7 billion.
Sage Midstream Ventures/Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners: Represented Sage Midstream Ventures in its equity commitment of up to $500 million from Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners.
Samson Resource II/Rockcliff Energy II: Represented Samson Resources II, LLC, a privately held onshore exploration and production company, in the $525 million sale of its East Texas and North Louisiana Assets to Houston-based oil and gas company Rockcliff Energy II LLC.
SpringBok Energy/NGP: Represented Dallas-based Springbok Energy Partners, LLC in its joint venture with Natural Gas Partners (NGP) to pursue investments in mineral and royalty interests.
Technip/Air Liquide Global E&C Solutions Germany: Represented global energy industry project management, engineering and construction company Technip in its acquisition of Zimmer polymer technology business from Air Liquide Global E&C Solutions Germany.
The CapStreet Group, LLC/T.F. Hudgins Holdings, LLC/Allied Reliability Group Holdings, LLC: Represented The CapStreet Group in the combination of portfolio company T.F. Hudgins Holdings and Allied Reliability Group Holdings.
Third Point/Exco Resources: Represented Third Point with its PIPEs investment in Exco Resources.
Westport/Fuel Systems Solutions: Represented Westport in its merger with Fuel Systems Solutions to create a premier alternative fuel vehicle and engine company.
Yildirim Group: Represented Yildirim Group in several transactions in Latin America including the acquisition of coal-mining assets in Colombia from CCX Carvao da Colombia SA (a unit of Eike Batista).