3i/Amor Group/Gilde Buy Out Partners: Represented 3i in its sale of Amor Group, the German market leader for affordable precious jewelry, to Gilde Buy Out Partners.
3i/Christ: Represented 3i in its acquisition of a majority stake in leading German jewelry and watch retailer Christ.
American Greetings Corporation: Represented Peter J. Solomon Company, financial advisor to the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of greeting card maker American Greetings, in its $878 million sale to the founding Weiss family in a going private transaction.
A.S.Adventure Group/McTREK: Represented A.S.Adventure Group, a portfolio company of PAI Partners, in its agreement to acquire McTREK from YEAH! AG.
Bregal Freshstream/Radley: Represented Bregal Freshstream in its acquisition of iconic British handbag and accessories brand Radley.
CEPL/ID Logistics: Advised CEPL shareholder Arcapita in the contemplated restructuring and subsequent sale of CEPL, a provider of automated solutions for retail order fulfillment, to ID Logistics, a contract logistics specialist company. The firm’s work was recognized in 2014 by Option Finance as “M&A Deal of the Year.”
CommerceHub: Represented financial advisor Evercore on the $1.1 billion acquisition of CommerceHub, Inc. by GTCR and Sycamore Partners.
Converse, Inc.: Involved in the sale of Converse, the sneaker company.
Dolce Vita Holdings, Inc./Steve Madden: Represented Dolce Vita Holdings, Inc., a privately held footwear company, in its acquisition by Steve Madden, a leading designer and marketer of footwear and accessories.
EQT Expansion Capital II/Internetstores Holding GmbH: Represented EQT Expansion Capital II in the sale of Internetstores Holding GmbH to SIGNA Retail.
Generation Investment Management/Unilever: Represented Generation Investment Management, a Seventh Generation shareholder, in connection with Seventh Generation’s acquisition by Unilever.
Glansaol/Laura Geller/Julep/Clark's Botanicals: Represented Glansaol, a newly launched prestige beauty and personal care company, its acquisition of three brands: Laura Geller, Julep and Clark's Botanicals.
GSO Capital Partners: Represented GSO Capital, one of the largest credit-focused alternative asset managers in the world and a lending affiliate of The Blackstone Group, in the arrangement of a $550 million second lien secured term loan facility to finance, in part, the acquisition of Belk, Inc. by private equity sponsor Sycamore Partners for approximately $2.7 billion.
Hudson’s Bay Company: Represented Hudson’s Bay Company, the Canadian owner of Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor and other leading department stores in the following:
- in (i) an equity investment by Rhône Capital of $500 million in the form of 8-year mandatory convertible preferred shares, initially convertible into HBC’s Common Shares at $9.82 per share, (ii) its agreement to sell the Lord & Taylor Fifth Avenue building to WeWork Property Advisors in a transaction valued at $850 million (following which the Lord & Taylor flagship store is intended to be converted into WeWork’s New York headquarters, WeWork office space, and a redesigned Lord & Taylor store of approximately 150,000 sq. ft.), and (iii) agreements with WeWork to lease retail space within select HBC department stores, including Galeria Kaufhof in Frankfurt.
- in its €2.82 billion cross-border deal to acquire German department store chain Galeria Kaufhof, Galeria Inno (Belgian subsidiary) and Sportarena from METRO AG.
- in its $250 million acquisition of leading online shopping destination Gilt.
- in its $2.9 billion cross-border acquisition of iconic U.S. luxury retailer Saks Incorporated.
- in the formation of HBS Global Properties, a real estate-focused joint venture with Simon Property Group valued at $1.8 billion, and in its subsequent sales of $533 million and $50 million of its equity in HBS.
Jones Apparel Group: Advised Jones, a global designer, marketer and manufacturer of over 35 clothing, footwear and accessories brands, including Anne Klein, Jones New York, Gloria Vanderbilt, Kasper, Evan-Picone and l.e.i., among many others, on its public offering of 4.5 million shares of common stock.
Lagardère Travel Retail/Paradies: Represented French airport shop operator Lagardère Travel Retail in its $530 million agreement to acquire Paradies, a leading airport travel retailer in North America, from private equity firm Freeman Spogli & Co, the Paradies family and other shareholders, creating the second-largest travel retailer in North America.
Macquarie/Rossignol: Rpepresented Macquarie in its sale of iconic ski retailer Rossignol to a consortium including private equity firm Altor Equity Partners.
Men’s Wearhouse/Joseph Abboud: Advised the company in its acquisition of JA Holding, Inc., the parent company of Joseph Abboud ®, the iconic American clothing brand.
Men’s Wearhouse/Jos. A Bank: Represented The Men's Wearhouse in its acquisition of men’s retailer Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc. for $1.8 billion. The deal, which ended a six-month merger battle, resulted in a combined company that has more than 1,700 stores in the U.S., with approximately 26,000 employees.
Quelle Neckermann: Represented the German catalog retailer of fashion, furniture and arts in the takeover of its cargo and heavy consumer goods logistics by a subsidiary of Deutsche Post AG.
The Sterling Group/Liqui-Box: Represented The Sterling Group in its sale of Liqui-Box Corporation to funds managed by Olympus Partners.
Waterland Private Equity/ PREMIUM Group/Clarion Events: Represented Waterland Private Equity in its acquisition and later disposition of shares of PREMIUM group, a leading European fashion show organizer, to Clarion Events.