Dr. Axel Wahl is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department, focusing on cross-border and national mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity/venture capital transactions. In this role Axel has represented financial investors as well as corporate clients. He further advises the management of companies in transaction situations as well as in general corporate matters.
Axel is fluent in German and English.
Axel has advised on the following significant matters:
- Waterland Private Equity in the sale of its interest in A-ROSA River Cruise Group to British private equity group Duke Street
- Castik Capital in its acquisition of TenderEasy AB
- 3i on the sale of ATESTEO, an international drivetrain testing specialist, to IHO Holding GmbH & Co. KG, a holding company of the Schaeffler family
- A.S.Adventure Group, a portfolio company of private equity fund PAI Partners, in its agreement to acquire McTREK from YEAH! AG
- Constantia Flexibles in the $1.3 billion sale of its Labels division to Multi-Color Corporation
- Castik Capital in its acquisition of the transport services unit of Wolters Kluwer
- Castik Capital in a majority investment (by its funds) in inet, GmbH Austria
- EQT Expansion Capital II in the sale of Internetstores Holding GmbH to SIGNA Retail
- The shareholders of exocad GmbH in the sale of a majority stake to The Carlyle Group as well as their reinvestment
- IK Investment Partners in the sale of Sport Group
- Hudson’s Bay Company in its €2.82 billion cross-border acquisition of Galeria Kaufhof
- Wendel on the €2.3 billion acquisition of Constantia Flexibles from One Equity Partner
- SK Capital on its acquisition of BASF’s Textile Chemicals Business
- GFI Software SA on the sale of TeamViewer
- Insight Venture Partners on its investment in Delivery Hero Holding GmbH
- Insight Venture Partners on its investment in HelloFresh GmbH
- Rockwood Holdings, Inc. in the $ 1.325 billion sale of its titanium dioxide pigments and four other non-strategic businesses to Huntsman Corporation
- Rockwood Holdings, Inc. on its $ 1.98 billion sale of CeramTec to European private equity firm Cinven
- EQT on its acquisition of Avenso
- TA Associates on its investment in Onlineprinters GmbH
Prior to joining Willkie, Axel worked for another international law firm.