Dr. Christian Rolf is a partner in the Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits Department and member of the Compliance Practice Group. He specializes in advising companies and enterprises on all aspects of labor and employment law and social security issues. Christian regularly assists senior executives with employment contracts and compensation related matters, and is particularly specialized in handling negotiations with works councils and trade unions. He is also specialized in restructuring scenarios and complex litigation. Christian has also extensive experience in structuring and designing of employment compensation and incentive schemes and often advises investors and management teams with respect to management equity participations.
Prior to joining Willkie, Christian was a local partner with a US law firm in Frankfurt. He began his professional career in 2000 practicing in the labor law group of Gleiss Lutz and later gained significant international experience while working in Gleiss’ Shanghai office and while pursuing secondments with Herbert Smith in London and Stibbe in Brussels and Amsterdam.
Christian is a member of the Frankfurt Bar Association and a member of the Labor and Social Affairs Committee of the AmCham Germany.
Christian's publications include:
- “Foreign Companies and German Codetermination Issues,” published in the Festschrift for Prof. Löwisch (with Gerhard Röder, March 2007)
- “Google, Facebook & Co as data source for Companies in the recruitment process?”; published in Recht der Datenverarbeitung, pages 263-267 (with Michael Roetting, 2009)
- “Remuneration of Board Members under the revised German Stock Corporation Act as new challenge for the Supervisory Board”, published in Board Report, pages 43-46 (2010)
- “May the Remuneration of an Companionship’s Board Member only be decided by the Plenum of the Supervisory Board?”, will be published soon in Neue Zeitschrift für Gesellschaftsrecht (with Andreas Hautkappe and Stephanie Schmidt-Ehemann)
- Redundancies during Short Term Work Periods, published in Betriebs-Berater; pages 1597-1599 (with Jochen Riechwald, 2010)
- The revised law on redundancy companies published in Betriebs-Berater; pages 2805 -2808 (with Jochen Riechwald, 2011)
- Co-Author, The German Holiday Act (2012)
- Several remarks on employment law court rulings