Bradley M. Friedman is a partner in the Corporate & Financial Services Department of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in New York. The majority of Brad’s practice involves mergers and acquisitions of asset managers, broker-dealers and other financial services firms.
Brad has represented clients in many significant U.S. and cross-border transactions, including*:
- Institutional investors in the sale of significant stake in HighTower Holdings LLC to funds managed by Thomas H. Lee Partners;
- The Sterling Group in its acquisition of Evergreen Industrial Services, an environmental and industrial cleaning solution company;
- Ivory Investment Management, a U.S.-based hedge fund manager, in its sale of a minority interest to Affiliated Managers Group;
- Aberdeen Asset Management in its acquisition of FLAG Capital Management, a U.S.-based private equity fund of funds manager, which includes Squadron Capital, a Hong Kong-based private equity fund of funds manager;
- Asset Management Finance (AMF) in acquisitions and dispositions of interests in various asset managers, including retail managers and alternative asset managers of hedge funds, private equity funds and funds of funds;
- Russell Investments in its acquisition by the London Stock Exchange Group for $2.7 billion;
- GAM Holding AG in its acquisition of Singleterry Mansley Asset Management, a hedge fund manager;
- Credit Suisse Group AG in connection with the sale of its Customized Fund Investment Group, a private equity fund of funds manager, to Grosvenor Capital Management, L.P.;
- Pacific Century Group, a Hong Kong private-equity firm, in approximately $500 million acquisition of PineBridge, the third party asset management business of American International Group, with operations in 32 countries and assets under management of approximately $88.7 billion at time of the transaction;
- The Marsico management group in its leveraged acquisition of Marsico Capital Management, Inc. LLC, the U.S. mutual fund manager, from Bank of America; and
- Harbinger Group Inc. in its acquisition of CorAmerica Capital LLC, a manager of U.S. real estate assets.
* Brad advised on some of these matters prior to joining Willkie.