Matthew A. Feldman is a partner and Co-Chair of the Business Reorganization and Restructuring Department and serves on the firm’s Executive Committee. His clients include debtors, creditors, investors, lenders, governmental agencies, and committees.
Matt has played significant roles in many complex chapter 11 cases and non-judicial restructurings, including:
- Hostess (commercial baker)
- YRC (trucking)
- PlayPower (playgrounds and docking systems)
- Fiat (auto manufacturer)
- EchoStar and DISH Network (telecommunications and entertainment)
- Greatwide Logistics Services Inc. (trucking and warehousing)
- Big V Supermarkets, Inc. (supermarket retailer)
- Heilig Meyers Corp. (largest furniture retailer in U.S.)
- Safelite Glass Corporation (largest supplier and installer of auto glass in North America)
- Livent Inc. (well-known Canadian and U.S. based live theatre company)
- The Hechinger Company (retailer)
- Medical Resources, Inc. (medical imaging company)
- Transcare Corp. (medical transport company)
- Alliance Entertainment Corp. (largest distributor of pre-recorded music in U.S.)
- Concord Records, Inc. (jazz record producer)
- Woodward & Lothrop/John Wanamaker, Philadelphia (retailer).
Matt has also represented creditors, lenders, landlords, governmental agencies and bank committees in various chapter 11 cases.
Matt was elected Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy. He is also a member of the Connecticut Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the American Bankruptcy Institute.
NOT FOR PROFIT ACTIVITIES
Matt also serves as a board member for a number of not-for-profit organizations, including Her Justice (formerly inMotion), a provider of legal services to woman and children in New York City and the Institute for Policy Integrity at New York University School of Law.
In recognition of his efforts and sacrifices in connection with his service to the Obama administration’s Task Force on the Auto Industry, Matt received the "Secretary’s Honor Award," presented to him by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner for his "distinguished service to the American people as the Chief Legal Advisor to the Department of Treasury Auto Team."