Bettina Bokeloh is a national partner in the Tax Department, focusing on advising private equity firms and strategic investors on national and international M&A transactions. She also has significant experience in advising multinational corporations on corporate tax matters, including cross-border tax planning and reorganizations, and regularly advises on capital markets transactions.
Bettina is fluent in German (native) and English.
Bettina has recently advised on the following significant transactions:
- A German-headquartered multinational group (listed at the Frankfurt stock exchange) on corporate tax matters (ongoing), including a secondment for three months for purposes of managing a major project
- A U.S. real estate fund on German tax matters relating to German investors (ongoing)
- The seller of a German real estate group on the tax audits of the group that might result in tax indemnity claims under the SPA, including tax litigation (ongoing)
- Various European subsidiaries of multinational groups and funds on the exemption from German withholding tax on license fees and dividends (ongoing)
- A hotel group on the reorganization and sale of German subsidiaries (2012/2013)
- A German-headquartered group in the telecommunications industry on its reorganization (2012)
- Salzgitter AG on the issue of an exchangeable bond (2010/2011)
- A group in the renewable energy industry on the reorganization in preparation of the investment of new shareholders (2010/2011)
- Commerzbank AG in its role as largest lender in the five-bank consortium on the mid-term financing plan for the Scheffler group (2009)
- Salzgitter AG on the issue of a convertible bond (2009)
Prior to joining Willkie, Bettina was an associate (1996-1999) at Feddersen Laule Scherzberg & Ohle Hansen Ewerwahn and a senior manager (1999-2007) at PricewaterhouseCoopers.